𝕸𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖔𝖜𝖓.

༺༒༻⒍༺༒༻

Y/n's. Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

Five days passed uneventually; and I didn't even caught a glimpse of Mr Crane anywhere after our third encounter, I heard that he was very busy investigating over the cases going on, and well, I eventually didn't cared much.

But today;

Out of the blue, I literally got a surprise attack when there came a brown envelope brought by a court process-server in my office cabin. Well, I had thus started to dread over the sight of brown envelopes these days. But though I received it mechanically, signing the delivery note.

Opening it, I read.

'Dear Y/n,

It's with an unspeakable love and respect that I send you this message.

It has been really very long time since I have not meet you once in these past months. I have even asked about your ongoing life and your health often enough by your mother. But however before I proceed over that, I just wanted to tell you: that I, well, am truly getting disappointed for the fact that you don't even send me a single letter, for once in these past years. Even though I have been the choosen one, as your real suitor by your mother and whilst, still you are not reciprocating the same affection that I give you with my whole heart. I must say, along with my tiring works and busy days, I still longed that you would be on my arms right there and then; I just can't get over you-'

I immediately stopped reading the letter.

Thrusting it over the tabletop. That even some of the parchments, which I was busy scribbling over, fell down in the ground. An angry irk mark was obviously clear on my face and I was scrunching my nose with disgust and anger. I stood up from my chair and grabbed the letter aggressively, marching over the room and without thinking anything. I tossed the letter on one of the garbage bins kept in my cabin.

Obviously, a fourth letter from the Duke of Clarence; Reginald Williams Burton. I was continuously getting these letters every week; and thus the reason why I always dreaded the sight of it.

Even though I was barely able to ignore
the man, and who proved the bloody world that he can be the best suitor of mine, and whilst can do anything for me. Which, I completely didn't assured much. I believe though I cared little for the fact; that he was very handsome man, even though powerful, and posses great possessions. But however, I didn't cared much of his money, neither fame: the least I could remember about him was that he was arrogant and spoilt.

Muttering a curse.

I recollected the time when we had met for the first time in a county assembly. Yes, that the very first moment he had settled his eyes over me, he had taken a stupid vow to woo and marry me. Which, I must say wasn't working at me at all, though my mother was just too delighted that someone like the Duke of Clarence had given his heart over her precious daughter. I still didn't bothered to tell her that I wasn't interested over the duke.

Even though, every women desired to have a man like Reginald. And with his flawless olive skin, beautiful hazel green eyes and slightly golden blonde hair just gave him his perfect manly looks. He was very tall and very muscular too, with a broad chest and even though most of the men would envy about his appearance.

Well for me, I couldn't see nothing much good qualities in him for which I would get attracted towards Reginald; He liked to conquer. Whether it was a land property, or a woman, he liked the thrill of chasing more then what he chased.