✪ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 ✪

Start from the beginning

I grabbed an apple, looked in the mirror and tried to decide if I looked good or not before exiting the tower through the elevator down to the garage.

Happy stood in front of the SUV looking nervously at his wristwatch — a very shiny Rolex. When the elevator doors opened and he saw me he opened the passenger door and hurried back to the driver's seat.

"I was starting to get worried about you," he mumbled.

"Well, there gotta be a first time for everything right?" I said making Happy chuckle. "Now drive, I cannot be late," I said in a way that got him to stay silent for the rest of the ride.

It was nice to sit in silence where I also could calm down from my abrupt awakening and eat my breakfast — an apple — in peace.

I rushed into school when the last bell rang and was relieved that the classroom I had to be in was near the entrance.

My teacher Mister Harrington had tried to start the lesson when I walked in and was already writing on the board, so I discreetly sat down in the back behind Peter and Ned. Who seemed to be in a deep discussion.

My classmates continued to talk and ignored poor Mister Harrington, and since I could not hear a word he was saying due to the loudness, I had nothing better to do but eavesdrop on Peter and Ned. I tried to focus on their voices, just like I had trained with Natasha. She had taught me how to not draw too much attention to oneself when listening to a conversation you were not supposed to hear.

Ned talked slowly which made it easy to hear every word he said. "She just disappeared, there were too many people around me and it took fifteen minutes to discover that I was following someone else. Why couldn't you follow her instead, we both know that you would never lose her."

"May wanted me to come home as soon as school ended," Peter mumbled back before our teacher managed to silence the classroom.

I once again thanked Natasha, this time for teaching me something I have use of, to listen to the latest gossip and to satisfy my curiosity.

Still, who was Ned following yesterday, and why did he do it for Peter? I wondered while Mister Harrington had everyone's attention on the board.

Probably Liz or some other cute girl that Peter thought he had a chance with, what a perv. Even if my imagination made it up I felt sick at the thought of them stalking a girl, I thought they were better.

In my first year, Ned and Peter were the only ones who I could think of getting to know better, maybe my gut feeling was not as good as I thought it was.

After five minutes of thinking I turned my focus to the board and began taking notes.

When Mister Harrington finally was done writing and explaining he told us to follow the instructions on the paper he handed out to us. It was a simple task I had done with Bruce when I was around ten years old and he had wanted me to be prepared for school. We were supposed to lower the water's freezing point by combining water and salt.

As he walked past me I told him I could do it by myself since we were an odd number of students in the class. He agreed.

I quickly mixed the salt into the paper cup half filled with water, wrote a detailed lab report and handed it to Mister Harrington, who gave me a boring look and told me to help the others for the rest of the lesson.

Before I could even turn around there was a loud bang from the back of the room, everyone started to scream and began running to the door. I froze for a second before slowly walking to the windows and opening them to let the white smoke out, hopefully before a fire alarm would set off.