✪ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 ✪

Back home, I realized the team was still gone, as expected. I walked into the kitchen and looked in the fridge for something to eat. I grabbed an orange from the bowl on the kitchen counter and decided to throw myself on the living room couch while taking out the surveillance camera footage on my phone, to watch the rest of what happened this morning.

"Jarvis, play the video on my phone on the TV," I ordered. Meanwhile trying to remove the orange peel without spilling the fruit juice on myself and the expensive couch.

The video continued to play from where I had stopped at school. I boringly ate the orange, only listening with one ear.

After watching what was left on the tape I summed up that they did not go into as many details as I had hoped to. I only figured out that Mister Barnes was alive after all, but I did not know if he was the Winter Soldier, who was behind two dozen assassinations, or Steve's best pal Bucky. And neither did they. If he was the Winter Soldier, Steve was the only one with a positive mind, who thought that they somehow could bring him back and make him remember who he truly is — someone who stands up to bullies and watches over the little guy.

I shivered at the thought of the Winter Soldier, everyone knew who he was and everyone had heard the stories about him. The rumours about him only got worse with time, each time the story was different. If someone said he killed two guys just for fun, another person said it was four. He was like a wolverine — killing every hen in the den but only eating one. He was the monster parents warned their kids for and he was always portrayed as the bad guy.

Each time a new rumour spread across the internet about the Winter Soldier, the Avengers did everything they could to find out how much truth was in it, and at the same time tried to keep it away from Steve. They knew it was hard for him to try to accept the fact that his best pal was an assassin and a good one for that matter. And the fact that he was not his Bucky anymore broke him.

◦ ☆ ◦

After two hours of watching a boring cooking show on the TV to get the thought of the possibility of an assassin living under the same roof as me, I decided to make some dinner before starving to death. I walked to the kitchen and scoured the cabinets looking for anything easy to cook, when I opened the fridge I saw a small box with leftovers and mumbled a 'thanks' to Natasha for making sure I was fed. She knew I would be too lazy to cook.

After I had microwaved the spaghetti and meatballs I poured myself a big glass of water and returned to the same place on the couch, continuing to watch the cooking show. That kind of competition shows made me realize how badly I would work under pressure.

After eating my boring meatballs that looked very store-bought, unlike the food on the show, I decided to go to bed early and completely forgot about the homework that was due tomorrow. I just did not care enough anymore, I did have the Stark brain l and could remember almost everything, so there was never a problem when the teacher wanted me to answer something written on the board.

◦ ☆ ◦

"Miss Stark, wake up!" Jarvis said, sounding like he was worried for my health and begging me to open my eyes.

I slowly peered them open, but they widened as soon as I looked at the digital clock on the nightstand to my right.

"7:40, how is that even possible?!" I exclaimed in panic, stumbling out of bed while trying to not entangle myself in the sheets and putting on some decent clothes at the same time. "Jarvis, you are supposed to wake me up at six o'clock!"

"I'm sorry miss but I tried to, you just did not react."

"Stupid robot," I mumbled while running down to the kitchen in a half-awaken state, nearly tripping over my foot.