But Why? (Rewritten)

A/N: Content warning for drug use and a few dark thoughts from a teenage Emiliano. There's also a lot more cussing than usual, butttt, it's Emiliano, so...

Also, the brief smut in this chapter is more comical than hot... Just a heads up. I'll explain at the end.

+++

"This is the absolute best shit you can get on our side of the world. You know nothing is better than coke from the Andean region," a 15-year-old Emiliano explained to his cousin Ricardo as he used a razor to divide the white powder into six lines.

Ricardo, who was 21-years-old at the time, rolled up a bill and snorted the first line, which immediately caused his head to jerk back. "Wohoo!" Ricardo bellowed in reaction. "You're right, this shit is fucking good!"

The two of them were at a table by the open door of Emiliano's room in the Rossi villa. Antonio had traveled there for business and he was in 'meetings' that he refused to bring Emiliano to and Luca - who'd finally put his foot down the year prior and made clear his refusal to return to the Rossi villa - was in Sicily visiting the orphanage where he spent a few years after his mother's death.

Emiliano sniffed a line himself and it went straight to his head. "Damn, I love this shitttt!" he shouted. "We're going out tonight, right? I can't wait to drink and fuck as many bitches as possible!"

"Fuck yeah!" Ricardo exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air with his excitement. "It's gonna be fucking epic as it always is when the Rossi cousins go out in Firenze (Florence). You remember all the shit that went down last time?"

"Of course I fucking remember! We almost killed those nobodies who were fucking with us. They didn't know who we were!"

"More like you fucked with them first," Ricardo chuckled. "I can't believe you banged that guy's girl in the bathroom while he was at the bar waiting on drinks like an idiot! And didn't you pay off the bartenders to keep him waiting?"

"Hey," Emiliano shrugged. "Gotta do what you gotta do. I should've brought her home and fucked her again too, because she-"

"Will you two shut the fuck up while I try to sleep?!" Eleanora chided from the doorway, interrupting Emiliano. "Do you have to be so goddamn loud?"

"We're Italian, the fuck you expect?" Emiliano replied, not even bothering to look at his mother before he snorted another line. "We're always loud. Close your fucking door or something."

Eleanora didn't react to seeing Emiliano doing the drugs. She'd known about it for some time, but she didn't care. She just didn't want him disturbing her. In fact, Eleanora felt like she'd be better off if her only son's existence was as unnoticeable as possible for her. To her, Emiliano was just a reminder of the marriage she had no choice but to take part in - practically sold to Antonio by her family - and the mentally abusive husband she was stuck with for life. Eleanora resented everything about the Rossi and that included the one to whom she gave birth.

"Whatever," she muttered before slamming Emiliano's door and going back to her room down the hall.

"Dumb cunt," Emiliano grumbled before doing his third line and falling back to lay flat on the floor and look expressionless at the ceiling. Eleanora was more concerned about her son disrupting her rest instead of the fact that he was doing cocaine right in front of her. He figured if he overdosed, she wouldn't care either; he figured that one day he probably would overdose someday and if that did happen, his only hope was that maybe she'd feel a slight tinge of guilt for not paying enough attention or doing more for him.