I had the gun aimed my way, I was holding it and hand my arms resting on my knees that were pulled up to my chest. I didn't even notice it was pointed toward me until I zoned back out. I let out a sigh, looking straight into the gun then turning it away.

I looked up at the sky, only to hear a voice shortly after, "North?"

It was Chris, hopefully he didn't see that. "Oh, hey, what's up?" I asked as he walked over to me and sat down. "What was that all about?" He asked, I could see the worry in his eyes.

He was referring to the gun.

"I don't know, I just kinda zoned out" I shrugged.

He looked at me in disbelief, "North, you're telling me now." He demanded. "Tell you what?" I played dumb, I knew exactly what he wanted to hear.

He stared me down, more in worry then a normal anger stare down.

I sighed, "okay, Chris, I'll tell you what's up" I mocked him from earlier. "I'm all ears" he smiled.

I looked forward and took a deep breath, this is gonna be a long story.

"Well, what do you want to know first?" I looked over at him. He shrugged, "I don't know, how much is there to tell?" I shrugged. "How about you ask, I tell?"

"Okay, that's a good plan... but what if I like... ask a question that hurts your...feelings?" He looked nervous. I giggled, "it's fine, Chris. Ask away."

He still looked nervous to ask, I motioned my hands for him to start asking. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry in advance."

I shook my head and giggled as he started asking.

"Alright, what's wrong with you. Like what's the whole zoning out thing about"

I don't even know what it's about honestly. "I- I don't exactly know, Chambers." I breathed, "I guess it just happens a lot. I just zone out, that's like normal for some people." I shrugged.

"Yeah, but like what goes through your mind. You always look so upset."

I tilted my head a bit, thinking about the stuff that goes on. "Well, everything goes completely silent and I have no control over myself, it's weird honestly. Sometimes my mind goes blank, other times it's filled with thoughts. Bad ones mostly."

He didn't take his eyes off me that whole time, I glanced over at him. "Okay, next question" I rested my arms on my knees.

"Oh yeah umm, why did Pressman say that about your mom and why did you come back... honestly" He scratched the back of his dead, he was nervous about that one.

Well shit, I knew that one was gonna come up. "It's a long story" I sighed. "We've got time and plus, I like spending time with you" he smiled. I smiled back and began to tell.

"It was after we left, a year actually. The first year I was gone, it was great honestly. Just me and my mom, we'd do everything together. I wish I could have brought you guys with me, you would've loved it there. She was doing really good, she stopped drinking. It was hard for her but she did. One day, we decided we wanted to go for a drive, you know just blast some music and we were having a great time. Until we werent " I looked down at my hands that were resting on my knees.

Chris was keeping his eyes on me, he looked sad. Already he looked sad, this is gonna be the first time I cry in front of someone. I just know it.

"I was in my own little world. I was looking out the window and feeling wind from how fast we were going. I looked over at my mom and she looked at me. At this time she wasn't watching the road and... and-" I choked up a bit on that last sentence.