Chapter 12

*Ashton's PoV *

"So?..."

"So?..." She mimics me.

I let out a little chuckle, before saying what I've wanted to say since the night I was a bit... full on.

"Look Kodie I'm really sorry for the other night I honestly thought you would like it and, and I didn't mean to scare you, I'm really a nice guy but when it comes to you I can't seem to control myself and not embarrass myself because you make me feel..." I was cut off by Kodie jumping up and wrapping her arms around me.

Shocked would be an understatement. I did hesitate to hug back but when I come to my senses that the girl I like is hugging me, from being very distant, I wrap my arms around her waist, resting my chin on the top of her head, due to her head nuzzling into my neck.
"...different." I finish.

Our little moment came to an end when a group of guys, I know came up to us, obviously drunk.

"Heyyyy, Ashton!! Whatcha doing lad?"

Kodie pulls away and stands up, I quickly stand up too, lost puppy look planted on my face.

She blushes. Ah cute.

"What? Where you going Kodie?" I ask.

"It's okay about everything, we'll talk soon yeah?" She says and walks off. I watch her until I can't see her no more.

Well things look like there brightening up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kodie's PoV*

I walk inside and see a game of beer pong... this could be interesting.

After about the 5th game I felt light as a bubble and could barely walk straight. Oopsie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Ashton's PoV*

I was being held up for too long now and it was pissing me off now I wanted to be with Kodie, she didn't know anyone here and her small figure could easily be swept up along with the crowd.

I politely excuse myself from this chat that has nothing to do with anything important, and go in side in search for Kodie. Now where would she be?

I scan the room with my naked eye hoping to spot her. I finally found her dancing to the music in the living room. You could easily tell she was totally wasted, I wonder how much she had drunk since we last saw each other?

I begin to walk over when a guy who was equally as wasted came towards her. He started to dance along with her- her back to his front- he was putting his hands all over her. Then he leaned in and whispered something into her ear, which made her stop dead in her tracks. Whatever he said he's made her uncomfortable and I don't like that one bit. She tried to walk away but he grabbed her wrist.

This was enough for me to go up to him and push him down to the floor, and seeing as he's drunk he fell instantly squirming on the floor.

I looked back up to see Kodie still dancing and might I say they were very sexual but I had to stop myself from thinking or going to far and remove her from this situation so she doesn't get hurt by some jerk again.

So that's why I pick her up and through her over my shoulder. She starts to kick and scream my name, so I think it's best if I took her out to the front lawn to give her some fresh air. I lay her in the grass gently but she starts to hit my chest with her tiny fists.

I admit the next thing I done wasn't the best of idea, but it had to be done.

I straddle her waist and hold her hands done with my own. Now she is looking straight at me with her big hazel eyes, tears fighting there way out of the corner of her eyes. I look down at her and say

"Kodie what's wrong?"

"WHATS FUCKING WRONG ASHTON YOU PUT ME OVER YOUR SHOULDER AND CARRIED ME OUTSIDE!" She screamed at me.

"BECAUSE THAT FUCKING JERK WAS TOUCHING YOU AND SHIT AND I COULD SEE YOU DIDNT LIKE IT! I screamed back.

I then continued in a soft voice "Why don't you like me? Why do you have these walls up with me? I apologised for the other night is that not enough to even be around me?" I say, my voice becoming lower as the sentence draws to an end.

"They leave. They always leave" she kept repeating.

Who leaves?