[15] Fate doesn't ask what you want, fate knows what's best, even if you don't

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

With that he just walks off, leaving a pit to form in my stomach. I can't worry about all of this today though. It's stupid, and a lie. I know I'm right about our situation, I know I am...So then why do I still feel so lost?

💙💙💙

As math ends, I find myself staring out of a window, watching the sky to waste the time in between periods. I guess I've always been fantasized with the ether above our heads. I enjoy it more at night though. When the sun has gone to sleep and I can be alone with the stars.

"How was class?"

I turn my head and give a small smile. "Hey Charles...it was okay."

"Just okay?" He light heartingly questions.

"It was great, wonderful. A truly inspiring lesson." I state, my voice practically dripping with sarcasm.

He nods his head. "Alright, I get it. I just wanted to say goodbye before Alex and I leave."

"Leave?" I question. "Where are you going?"

Charles takes a breath. "The other night, after you and Jeans...episode, Hank took me down to cerebro."

I just shake my head. "Why? You said what we saw was nothing, just a dream."

"It was," he quickly explains. "Hank had a theory though that whatever you two saw might have been triggered by an energy surge he picked up on his meters. I looked into it and-"

"Charles, I need you to be honest with me. Is something...wrong?" I hesitantly ask.

"Oh no, Estelle. Everything is quite alright. The tremor was most likely nothing concerning us." He says in a comforting tone

My voice falters. "I-I know, it's just that...I don't know."

A look of concern fills his eyes as he places a hand on my shoulder. "Estelle, is everything alright? You can talk to me, I promise."

"I...after that night, I've been starting to feel different." I start.

"Different?"

I sigh. "Stronger, unusually stronger. That voice I heard, it kept telling me I had to do something. Maybe that's why this is happening, because whoever it is wants me to-"

"Estelle." Charles stops me and for the first time I notice that the window pain in front of me has begun to shake. "Calm yourself. It was just a dream."

I hold my breath for a moment and the shaking stops. "Yeah...it was...just a dream."

He watches me for a moment, seeming to be unconvinced by my statement.

"Maybe I should have Alex go alone." Charles says. "I could always just talk to her later-"

"Her?" I question before thinking things through. "Charles, I'm fine. Whatever you need to go do...wait, what exactly are you gonna do again?"

"Alex and I are going to have a word with someone who was at the sight of the disturbance. A girl I used to know." He explains, a soft tone to his voice.

I grin. "A girl?"

"A woman," he corrects himself. "A woman who I very briefly worked with in the past."

"And this woman, were you and her..."

He shakes his head. "No, we didn't...Well I will admit there were some romantic moments we shared but-"

"Okay, this is a really awkward thing to ask but," I trail off. "This woman-"

"Moira MacTaggert," he says.

Indigo//X-Men daughter storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें