♥ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 ♥

Start from the beginning

John sighed and looked out of the window. The two of us didn't speak again until the cab driver stopped outside of a building with a large clock hanging on the front of it. I looked at the clock and tried to remember a time that I had ever been out at such an odd time in the morning.

He turned to me, "let's not fight. This might be the last time that we see each other -"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked quickly, uncrossing my arms and leaning forward in surprise. "John, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he assured me, "I'm just sayin'." He reached into the pocket of his coat and pulled out some bills, handing them to the cabbie and getting out before he could collect his change. The cab driver gave it to me and I took it, giving it to John as soon as I was out of the car. He sighed and took it. "I didn't want the change back."

I shrugged and John walked ahead, leading me into the shop.

Tiffany & Co. looked as though it had only just opened for that day's business. John led the way to the restaurant part of the store and placed our orders before we'd even sat down. I wasn't asked what I wanted for breakfast.

We sat down at a table for two, and two tea cups were brought over shortly after, two teapots, milk and sugar following. I thanked the girl who had brought it over, who looked no older than twenty, but she didn't meet my eyes. When she had hurried away, I looked back to John, who was stirring some sugar into his cup.

"Are they not supposed to look at you?" I asked him quietly, looking around the restaurant and noticing that we were the only ones there.

He hummed in reply, "you dine here to be left alone, not bothered by staff."

I sighed but didn't reply, instead changing the conversation to something that Sean had done the previous day.

Very quickly, John's order was brought over to us. A croissant and four different pots of jam were placed in front of me as well as a green box - a Tiffany's box. My eyes widened when the waitress walked off, leaving it. I looked away from the box and at John, who was watching me with a small smile on his face.

"You...?" I gestured to the box with a bow of my head.

He nodded excitedly, "open it." He began to butter the slice of toast which had been put in front of him.

With a grin on my face, I wiped my hands on my pyjamas and then took the box in my two hands. I pried it open carefully, putting the lid down when I could and then using my free hand to pull back the tissue paper.

My jaw dropped.

Inside of the box, there was a gorgeous gold watch with a square clock face.

My eyes watered. I put the box on the table and then took the watch out of it, holding it up to the light.

"T-this...?" I looked past the watch and at John, who was watching me intently. "F-for m-me?"

John chuckled and nodded. "For my favourite Macca."

I laid the watch across my wrist and tried to do it up with my one hand, but couldn't. I held out my wrist to John, "would you mind?"

He shook his head and wiped his own hands before helping me to do the clasp of the watch.

"Do you like it?" He asked me when he was finished doing it up.

I nodded, "John, it's gorgeous. I've never had anything Tiffany before."

"I didn't think you had," John paused, "I asked the girl to go and get it for you." He shot a look at the girl who had served us our tea. She still wouldn't look at us, but I could tell that there was a smile on her face.