☙ Chapter Seven

As the day went on, this group of geniuses remained hard at work. Each of us thrived in different parts of support, so working together would be our best bet at finishing on time. During the planning, we would go around and individually tell what our partners' Quirks were and what their costumes had to look like.

    Snake's designated hero was the class A representative with a Quirk that put engines on the back of his legs. Obviously needing to go fast, Snake assumed something light and moveable would be best. However, the student wanted a version of a flashy knight's armor. Dani worked on sketching a design while Snake and I took care of the welding.

    Meanwhile, Double and Rose got started on a design for Class A's Denki Kaminari. His Quirk was one with electricity, which meant Double could work well on gadgets, but his costume would be tricky. Rose helped out with the design that consisted of a black jacket, white undershirt, and black pants. At first, Kaminari just wanted the jacket for looks, but Rose worked with the idea to use the interior leather as an electric insulator that would protect his skin from his own sparks.

    I'd be interested in her way of thinking if I wasn't too busy to focus on anything else but the scolding fire in front of me. The thick gloves that covered my hands up to my elbows didn't seem like enough as I pushed the two plates of Tenya Iida's costume together. I was shielded head to toe in fireproof guards, cautious when working with this kind of fabrication.

     Snake, on the other hand, didn't take nearly the same amount of precautions. She took care of welding the chest plate pieces together, and when doing so, she stayed in her short-sleeved shirt and fingerless gloves. I remembered her telling us about her scales being resistant to fire, but seeing her Quirk in action was far more impressive.

    With me and Snake tag-teaming this hero costume, it didn't take long for us to have the armor all welded together. Dani helped us out by designing and sewing the undershirts and pants for the costume that would give the wearer better mobility and reduce any insulated heat caused by the armor.

    I looked down to check my watch. 3 o'clock; that meant we've been at nonstop work for at least four hours. Considering big projects like this usually took me a few days, I was glad to see that both Snake and Double's costumes were near completion. I pulled off my welding mask and gloves. My eyes were strained, but it didn't affect my tics too much. Though, I still felt my eyes blinking at a quicker rate than normal.

    "How's it going over here?" From the corner of my eyes, I could see Rose approach our desk with Double following behind her. After working with electrical gadgets all day, her green eyes looked even brighter with the dark circles of smoke around her face. Around her waist was an assortment of tools connected by a belt, and even more, tools being held in the pockets of her green cargo pants.

    I let Snake answer for me as my whiteboard and marker were on the other side of the room. She responded, "Pretty much all done here."

    Rose nodded as she stretched her arm behind her head. "That's great. At the rate we're going, I think we can try to get Dani and Rocket's costumes started soon."

    To her right, I saw Dani silently disagree with a head shake. He pulled down his bandages for me to catch the last half of his sentence. "— man, I'm too hungry to think anymore."

    "Well, we've made— we've made good progress today. We could at least get lunch or–or something while brainstorming ideas," Double suggested. With the rest of the team also looking mentally and physically drained from the hours of work, it looked like we were all on board with Double's idea.

    "That sounds good," Snake said. "Plus, I know a decent place uptown." Even though the way her sharp fangs hung outside her mouth made it always seem like she held a mellow grin, the girl seemed to be in a better mood since the idea was suggested.