19| night terrors

Start from the beginning

I frantically looked around noticing the darkness and a blurred image of a woman.

It was her.

A scream bellowed out of me as I tried to get away from her. My hands moved quickly shoving me closer to the armrest of the couch getting away from her.

How did she get here?

She can't be here.

She had been locked away.

"Please...please don't hurt me." I cried feeling myself crumble.

"Darius, it's me." The voice cracked as she came closer.

"No, no please."

"Darius." She spoke softly.

The closer she got the more fear seeped into my body. I wrapped my arms around my head clutching my knees to my chest.

"Please don't hurt me." A sob left me as my body trembled. A hand touched my arm causing a strong wave of panic to hit me. I jumped and landed on the ground pushing myself away from her.

"Darius!" She crocked nearing me.

Her voice held sadness and worry with no ounce of cruelty confusing me but I quickly shook my head. She had deceived me once with her kind words and I would be a fool to fall for it again.

"Darius it's me, Hallie." I froze.

No, it couldn't be.

I looked at the figure again and it was as if a cloud had passed before my eyes and slowly the flog cleared. There she was.

My Hallie.

"H-Hallie?" I completely broke down crying hysterically.

"Darius, it's okay I'm here." She whispered softly wrapping her arms gently around me. I hugged her back squeezing her body to mine listening to her sweet nothings as I buried my head in the curve of her neck smelling her sweet, soothing scent.

At the moment nothing mattered to me but succumbing to her comfort.

The comfort that Hallie's mere presence brought.

"I-I'm sorry Ha-Hallie." I raised my head staring into her eyes. Immediately, she shook her head cupping my cheeks with her palms.

"Don't say sorry Darius. Please don't." She pulled me back into her arms rubbing my back.

It was when the sun finally came up was I able to fully calm down. My body clung to Hallie's as exhaustion overcame it.

She never questioned what had happened the whole night only staying by me and for that I was eternally grateful.

I was sick and tried of these night terrors I had gotten because of her.

I hated it.

No matter what I did they always came back. There were times I had hope to finally believing I had overcome my fears but it always came back sometimes stronger then ever.

Some even worse then last night.

"Darius." Hallie spoke.

"Yes, Miss Talin." My lips moved across her neck. She shivered intaking a sharp breath.

"How about I help you to bed so I can make us some food."

"Miss Talin I can't allow you to do that. Not after you had to stay up all night with me. You must be tired." I attempted to step away from her but she grasped my chin lightly but tight enough to make me look at her.

"Darius I choose to stay with you now I am going to take you to bed so you can rest and I am going to make us some toast for breakfast. Do you understand?" The determination made me nod without thinking and before I could say 'no' I saw her beautiful smile.

Crap! I couldn't say 'no' to that

After practically dragging me to bed, she quickly left telling me she would only be a few minutes. I stared at the door not believing how lucky I was to meet a woman like her.

I don't deserve her but as ever second passed I wanted her more and more.

So much that it left me confused.

Love is most definitely complicated just as it is beautiful.

But do I actually love Hallie?

I never really experienced this kind of love. Yes, I love my family but loving someone is entirely different.

The door creaked open. I looked up only for my breath to be taken away as I looked at Hallie carrying a tray full of toast and two glasses of orange juice. Her hair was disheveled with strands falling across her face making my hands itch to tuck them behind her ear. Her eyes practically glowed in the light with her small smile. I swear my heart began to beat a millisecond faster.

That's how I knew I was falling for her.

♚♔♚♔♚

♚♔♚♔♚

This chapter definitely consisted of a lot. I wonder what y'all thought about it.

Another insight on Darius's perspective. What did you guys think? This chapter was definitely darker then my others (sorry). His past is still unclear but this is the tip of the ice of what did happen in his past. To understand him better his past is important. His character is still kinda a mystery.

thank you for the love and support
sayonara