EPILOGUE

"Snow!"

Lara hadn't been awake for long. She actually should've rested more but her senses were still alert, thinking she was trapped in the games. But once she saw the restraints on her body and the bright white room, she knew she was nowhere near where they'd been.

She was in the Capitol.

"Show me your face you bastard!"

She saw the camera in the corner of the room. She screamed curses at it to get anyone's attention. She pulled and tugged on her restraints and tried to break free.

But she was still weak from her injuries. And she felt drowsy, probably due to whatever medication they'd given her. It didn't stop her from trying though.

"Snow!"

After her many attempts at catching anyone's attention, the lock to her door finally clicked. She stopped screaming and waited as it swung open, revealing the one person she wanted to see.

Snow simply looked at her with the smallest of smiles. As if her pain brought him satisfaction on a sadistic level. She nearly snarled at how pleased he looked.

"Good to see you awake, Miss Foraye," he said politely, "I was afraid you'd never wake up."

She scoffed, "You'd love that wouldn't you?"

"On the contrary."

He moved around to stand by the side of her hospital bed. But he stayed a good distance away just in case she escaped her restraints. The peacekeepers by the door stood ready for attack.

"Despite what you believe, I like you, Lara. You've got passion and honor. I think we would make a great team."

Lara's face was blank. She was fully expecting him to say it was a joke. But when he didn't, she started to laugh. He wasn't use to such a reaction and it made him glance to the nurse by the door.

"After everything you've done, you expect me to team up with you?" she continued to laugh more, "And people call me the crazy one!"

Snow had no patience dealing with her. His polite smile dropped and he motioned for the nurse to come in. Lara's laughing faltered when she saw the tray of knives and syringes that the nurse carried in.

Her eyes gleamed with slight worry.

"What is that?"

No one answered.

"What is that?" she shouted angrily.

Snow shrugged, "If you are unwilling to cooperate, then we must make you."

The nurse tapped the syringe before nearing Lara's arm. But the latter pulled away as far as she could and thrashed around.

"I'll ask again, Miss Foraye...will you help me?"

Snow got closer and leaned towards her.

Despite her fear, Lara wouldn't back down. She was done cowering under Snow's reign. That ended now.

Her nostrils flared in anger and she spit in his face. His eyes shut in surprise and he slowly backed away.

"Rot in hell, you piece of shit!"

The peacekeepers flooded in as she began to shake the whole bed. They held down her arms and legs, which threatened to tear out of her shackles. The nurse rushed forward and grabbed her arm. She looked to the president for approval.

Snow seemed unfazed. He simply wiped away the spit on his face and gestured for the nurse to move forward. He sighed deeply,

"Very well...let's begin."

•••••••