TERRITORY

"Oh, I do not miss these days."

Octavian's words were exactly what Lara was thinking. Once they entered the training room, they saw the familiar weapons and survival stations. Each tribute was in their own section showing off their skills.

"Split up?" he suggested. She nodded and they went opposite directions.

She passed Beetee, Wiress, and Katniss sitting by a log with a small fire between them. The trio stared at her as she passed, with the two eldest giving her nods of greeting.

She returned the favor and kept walking. But Katniss murmured her questions to Beetee.

"How good is she?"

"Too good," he sighed, "She's truly a wonderful woman once you get to know her. All you have to do is look past the victor facade we're forced to put up."

Katniss nodded and watched Lara walk farther away.

She glanced over and saw Octavian and Peeta watching the Careers together. But she wasn't too worried about them.

The next section had Mags, which instantly brought a smile to her face. She strolled over and greeted the woman. While Mags was never one to talk, she always seemed to reciprocate any mutual respect given.

Mags was a mother like figure to her. Ever since she met Annie and Finnick, Mags had taken Lara in too; treated her like a daughter more than her own mother did.

"Have you seen Finnick?" she asked.

Mags nodded and pointed over her shoulder. She looked around and saw Johanna and Finnick hidden in a far corner.

She furrowed her brows, noticing that they were having a hushed conversation. By their body language, it almost seemed as if they were fighting.

But as soon as they saw her staring, they dropped it and smiled. Johanna came over quickly and held her arms open wide.

"My my I don't believe my eyes," she sang playfully, "Is that Lara Foraye?"

Lara rolled her eyes and sauntered closer until the two girls met. They didn't hug because they knew it was a sign of weakness during training days.

"Johanna Mason," she sighed, "I knew I smelled crazy when I walked in here."

The raven haired girl scoffed, "Oh maybe you should take a shower then because you brought all the crazy with you."

Finnick held back a laugh, which didn't go unnoticed. Lara punched both of their shoulders in response. It only made them laugh.

That was how the girls normally interacted. It was all in good fun and partly a coping mechanism. They'd found that Johanna and Lara's anger issues and sarcasm matched each other perfectly.

Johanna gestured to the combat area beside them. She raised her eyebrows in a challenging way, "Are you up for a round?"

Lara cockily crossed her arms, "You think you can handle me?"

Johanna scoffed as Finnick whistled.

"No, but maybe I can," he responded.

"Oh really?"

He winked and grabbed her hand, pulling her up onto the elevated platform. He took a few steps back as they faced each other.

He used his hands to gesture to come at him. She scoffed and prepped herself to fight, raising her fists and steadying her feet.