Was he supposed to read this? He didn't know if what he was doing would help, but when Kugisaki nudged his shoulders, a form of assurance washed over him.

Opening the notebook, Inumaki's eyes scanned the words (Y/N) had written. As he read and flipped the pages, what he thought would be some sort of assurance or solution... turned out to be the entire opposite.

I don't know if I should even be following the proper format of a diary. After all, this is only for me, and only myself.

Inumaki could imagine (Y/N) reading this aloud, her voice something the entire Tokyo campus had been missing.

I think it started this morning? When I woke up alone in an alleyway. I was really confused, and my entire body ached badly. I don't remember what had happened except for the limited figurine. But that means it wasn't important, right?

Violet eyes skimmed throughout the written words, unfamiliar with (Y/N)'s handwriting. Why would she wake up in an alleyway? It wasn't as if she was homeless or anything.

Heck, that's what I thought until I forgot my birthday. On top of that, I forgot my name. Maybe it's me getting old? Haha, but I'm not even old yet. Maybe it's the stress? It was a really frightening experience. I kinda wish it won't happen again. It's only three days until the exchange event.

Who knew writing a diary would be kinda cool? Hey, future me, just in case you forget again. I'll introduce myself. I'm (Y/N), 17. I came to Jujutsu High because I can see curses that manifest from negative emotions. Sounds like the main protagonist, huh?

There were a few more pages of (Y/N) rambling about her previous days and herself. Inumaki flipped towards the next page, not paying much mind to whatever (Y/N) had written. It was simply a subtle case of amnesia. Only forgetting bits and pieces, but not enough to tear her entire identity apart.

However, what he saw next made his heart sink.

The words (Y/N) wrote were with sloppy handwriting, as if she was running out of time, rushing hastily. It was only within a day, but there was a reason (Y/N) had a whole book.

What do I write? I can't remember anything. I woke up and I don't remember anything. I only know that I should be writing in this diary.

(Y/N) had repeated those few sentences for two entire pages. It seemed that she had written it when she first woke up the next day.

I think I remember a bit? I'm (Y/N). I'm 19, no, 17. What's Jujutsu High? Nevermind, I wanna bless the "yesterday me" for writing that down. She wrote a lot, but that's a relief. I wonder if tomorrow will be worse?

(Y/N) rambled again, her words and sentences scattered, as if unsure of what came first. Was she losing her memories? And that quickly?

The memories she wrote down weren't that detailed, but they were scenes that probably meant the most to her.

I'll leave this diary on my bed. Maybe the "tomorrow me" will see it. Maybe she'll be me. Maybe I'll be me. What is "me"? Who am I? I don't wanna sleep. I'm a bit scared, even though I'm a Jujutsu sorcerer.

Such few words made Inumaki's hand sweat, him gritting his teeth. He was confused, not understanding anything (Y/N) had written.

He couldn't understand her words, her worries. Only she herself could. Before he knew it, he was already at the seemingly last page.

On the day right before the exchange event, (Y/N) had only written one sentence.

Hey, I'm... alright today?

Inumaki wondered, Did she finally remember everything?

Flipping throughout the pages like it was a library book, Inumaki thought that it was the end of it as he only skimmed through blank paper. Until he saw a bit of ink in the middle of the notebook.

He felt Kugisaki peering over his shoulders, wondering what it was.

It was a drawing. A drawing of (Y/N) in a white kimono, a white mask concealing half of her face. It was a rigged sketch, but despite the black ink, there were red dots on it.

There was a small sentence on the page next to the drawing,

I saw her in my dreams again today. She sounded exactly like me. But in a lot of pain.

I only hear her voice when night comes. Then forget everything when day comes. That's why I'm only deciding to write this down.

Words on paper don't disappear. Not like my memories.

It's as if she's a part of me, living in the back of my head. Her cursed energy feels odd.

Is she a curse? Why is she in me?

Inumaki squinted his eyes, looking at the red colored nails she had drawn of herself.

Did she use a red pen?

When realization dawned upon him, he immediately closed the book, turning away to hide his cringing face.

It wasn't red ink. It was blood.

Why would she use blood?

He read another page she had written,

She tells me that she embodies the obsession of strength. She told me a story about how obsession grows into paranoia, and then finally evolves to fear.

She says she painted her nails with her own blood. She is me. A curse I'd manifested. She appeared two days ago.

She's in so much pain. I want her to rest.

To sleep. And not wake up scared like me.

I wonder if I'm strong enough to do that? Oh well, it's nearly morning. She says we'll figure it out the next evening.

Inumaki swiftly handed the notebook to Kugisaki, confusing her.

Inumaki never thought that he would use his ability on (Y/N) for a personal reason. It was against his morales. But at this point, he'd do anything to get answers... to save her.

Inumaki reached out and grabbed (Y/N)'s hands, slightly flinching at how light he had become. Kugisaki muttered, eyes widening in surprise,

"Inumaki, your seals-"

Inumaki's seals around his tongue and mouth had grown fainter, but he paid no mind. He sighed, taking in a deep breath.

"Wake up."