CHAPTER 6: CERBERUS

Start from the beginning

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch'. Miss Crawford broom on the ground now!" Charlotte dropped the broom on the ground as if it burned in her hand. She could not imagine what would happen if her broom started acting out of nowhere, and was grateful Madam Hooch had shouted at her.

Draco burst into laughter after Madam Hooch left. Charlotte was in no mood to deal with his tactics and walked away and towards shadow.

It was quite sunny, and sat down in the shade. She saw two people walking towards her, and Draco in the air with something in hand, and Harry about to mount his broom.

"Can we sit?" asked her other potions partner and Charlotte nodded. "I'm Blaise Zabini" he said pushing his hand in between them. Charlotte took it and smiled.

"Charlotte Crawford." The un-introduced Slytherin sat on Blaise's other side and leaned forward.

"Theodore Nott."

"Charlotte Crawford." Charlotte turned back to the others and saw Harry chasing something Draco threw in the air, and turned back to the boys. "How was the read-a-thon?"

"Brilliant." Theodore said and ran fingers through his curly brown hair, and smiled softly.

Blaise suddenly stood up, and the other two turned to look at him in panic. Charlotte followed his line of sight and saw Harry racing towards something that looked like a ball and about to hit a wall when she stood up hurriedly.

"Bloody hell Potter, what is wrong with you?" she muttered under her breath, as the three ran towards the crowd. Harry caught whatever he was chasing before he came to a stop, and Charlotte sighed. "Idiot" Seeing that she was closer to him then all others who were walking towards him, she ran towards Harry. "Are you out of your mind?" she growled at him, and Harry's eyes widened.

"Hey it was Malfoy, alright?" Charlotte was about to punch his arm lightly when they head McGonagall's voice.

"HARRY POTTER." They turned to and saw McGonagall running towards them. Charlotte saw Harry terrified, and in the process, she forgot to drop the hand she was holding up. "Never, in all my time at Hogwarts –" McGonagall seemed speechless, and Charlotte noted fury in her eyes. "– How dare you – might have broken your neck –"

"It wasn't his fault Professor –"

"Be quiet, Miss Patil –"

"But Malfoy –"

"That's enough Mr. Weasley. Potter, follow me, now. You too Crawford, you shouldn't go around hitting other students." Charlotte dropped her hand sighing, and the two followed her.

McGonagall walked forward and Harry beside her, who looked pale. The two students followed their professor in silence, not even looking at each other.

Finally McGonagall stopped and turned around to look at Charlotte. "Miss Crawford, would you mind explaining why you were about to punch Mr. Potter?" Charlotte sighed and looked at Harry who was staring at the ground.

"I saw him almost hit the wall, and I just wanted to give him the piece of his mind, nothing else Professor." McGonagall raised an eyebrow at that.

"Do you understand physical violence is not tolerated at Hogwarts?" Charlotte nodded. "This is the last time I'm letting you go. If you brag about this to your friends then points will be taken, now off you go." Charlotte smiled and then turned to Harry, who had a smile but still looked tense. McGonagall turned around and opened the door they were standing outside, and called someone from inside.