a future with you

I know we joke about it. But I wouldn't mind it. Sure we're young but I don't know, I get a strange warmness at the picture of you holding our little one and smiling.

     Yeah, we're damaged by our parents, but you'd be the greatest dad in my opinion. I've seen you with your siblings, with my little cousins, friends, and my sisters. You're caring and warm, nothing like your mom or dad.

       And I like to think about it. You coming in from a day of work, covered in grass and smiling as you swing our giggling child around and burry them in kisses. I picture you walking into our loft above one of my bakeries/coffee shops, scooping me into a deep kiss, the smell of vanilla and cinnamon wafting around us. I'll playfully push you away saying you smell of sweat and you'll chase me around as our kid giggles, watching.

          They'll see us and think of how they'll want what we have one day. We'll dance to musicals as I make dinner and you shower, our little one singing with me in the kitchen as you step in, smelling clean as you join us. I'll be in your boxers and shirt, our kid in your shirt and you'll chuckle at us as you cuddle them close and watch me. I'll roll my eyes over my shoulder as you as you both compliment me.

             Either now or later I know that with you, with you I wouldn't mind such a future.