|Chapter-11|

I tried calling Jason again, but he wasn't picking up. I was getting so agitated. I suddenly got another phone call. It was an unknown number. I was surprised, getting a call at 11:30 PM.

What if it's Rodger? What if I answer this call and they track us down? I rebuffed the call. I was about to try Jason's number when I got a text message from that same unknown number.

"Veronica, please pick up the call. It's me, Max."

And just after I read the text, I got the call. I knew I shouldn't pick up his call, because just some while ago, I caught him with Jason. But then again, I want to know what Max has to say.

Therefore, I picked it up.

....

There was a sheer silence from the other side.

"Max? What the fuck? Speak out." I shouted a bit, knowing that if Logan gets up, he'll be mad at the fact that I talked to him.

"Veronica-"

"What the hell were you doing with Jason? How do you know him?"

"Jason? I don't know-" He stuttered.

"Shut up, I saw his number on your phone too, so just cut the crap and don't lie." I said frigidly.

"Veronica, it's nothing like that. Just hear me out, once. Please!" He plead in the same monotonous voice.

"I don't have time to hear your whole story. Just tell me why you were with Jason? And is that coward still with you? Always cutting the call when getting caught." I can't believe I was so angry.

Jason has always made me angry, since the day we both got matured and started to know about the real life.

"Let me just-" I couldn't hear further as the call got disconnected.

I got annoyed. I decided to call him back, but suddenly, I felt someone behind me, I turned back and saw Logan standing there.

"Whom were you talking to?" He asked, looking at me with suspicion.

"I- no.. No one." I had to do something. I can't let him know that it was Max. But who am I kidding to? My luck has always been worse.

As Max messaged me, he instantly called me, I picked it up and as the call got disconnected, the screen again came back to Max's text message.

And Logan saw the message. He snatched my phone from me and read the message.

Jesus Christ, don't tell me he's gonna break my phone again.

I saw his changing expression. I knew he was getting angry as he clearly asked me not to talk to Max.

"Logan just-" I couldn't complete when suddenly my phone rang, blazing the same number, means Max's number.

He closed his eyes in anger and looked at me. I was thinking of ways to calm him down.

"What is this, huh?" He shouted showing me my phone.

"Logan, I got to know something and I thought-" I stopped myself as I saw him looking at something on my phone.

"So by expecting me to let you talk to Jason, that meant talking to him alone, without telling me?" He sounded irritated, as he saw the call logs and there was a recent call log of Jason.

"No, I didn't mean like that before." I said honestly. "He called me, I didn't call him."

"That bastard called you?" He asked.

"Logan, why the hell do you dislike him so much? Why do you get so angry whenever I mention him?"

"I don't fucking dislike him, I just-" He didn't complete.