10 | Ultimate Quintet

Start from the beginning

Oh dear lord.

"Do we have to!?" I mumble as my mother adjusts my tie

"Yes, it's the annual dinner, everyone attends", she concludes and walks over to Daphne. She whines in protest as mother applies some kind of powder on her face.

"LET'S GO PARTAYY" Allison walks in, all dressed up.

"See, why can't the both of you have the same energy as Allison here. You look beautiful, darling", mother praises my cousin and I groan, "Can we just get this over with, please?"

"Don't be so grumpy" Alli loops her hand through mine before dragging me outside, through the halls, and into the dining hall. The room is full of chatter and laughter and lots and lots of fake people. Ahh- my kind of event.

Not.

"Presenting, Her Grace Allison Di' Vazquez and His Highness Prince Zade Di' Vazquez", the announcer announces and all prying eyes fall on us.

"Gee, so much for a quiet entrance", I mutter in Allison's ear as I take her hand and walk her down the stairs.

"Oh shush, you're the prince, there are never quiet entrances", she says through gritted teeth, trying to smile at everyone.

We navigate through the hungry eyes of the jealous men and women, and of course the paparazzi until we meet Tyler, Daphne, and her best friend Emma by the corner.

"Ah, Emma. Always a pleasure", I grab her hand, trying to kiss it. She yanks it away before wiping it in her dress, "Wish I could say the same, Zade", she snickers. She doesn't like me or hate me for some reason, and I love teasing her because of it.

"His Majesty, Henry, and Her Majesty, Catherine Di' Vazquez" the voice booms through the room as the big doors open, mother and father stepping out. Everyone starts clapping, the slow, delicate clap that everyone is used to doing.

"Where's the witch?" Emma whispers in my ear.

"Sent her to her room, I don't think father let her out yet", I smirk and she laughs.