Villains

Bang

Papa was dead, Nova looked at her mom and saw the look in her eyes, and turned and ran. She closed the door behind, and picked up Evie and ran into her closet. She let her power flow through her a little more to keep Evie asleep as she heard the second shot.

Bang

Mama was dead, and Nova could hear the footsteps of the man as he walked through the house. She heard the opening of doors and she heard things falling to the floor, and then she heard a gunshot.

Bang

There was no one else in the house, there was only her and Evie, but then Nova heard a voice calling out

"Hello? Is there anyone else in the house? This is Lady Indomitable" The voice called, and Nova slowly opened the door and looked out. Sure enough there was a lady outside in a cape. She saw Nova and rushed to her. "Hey, is there anyone else in the house?" She asked, and Nova looked back to where she was hiding and pointed.

"My sister, Evie" Nova said, her voice was so close to breaking, Lady Indomitable picked up Evie and kneeled down so she was eye to eye with Nova.

"Your Nova right?" Nova nodded "Is there anything you need?" She asked, Nova looked around and saw the bracelet her father was working on and grabbed it.

"This is it" Nova said and Lady Indomitable pulled her close to her, and they walked out of the house.

"It'll be okay, can you close your eyes for me?" She asked. Nova closed her eyes, but she heard the gunshots and saw the man and she eyes flew open

"Sorry" She said

"It's okay, just relax okay?" Nova nodded as Lady Indomitable carried her and Evie across the city. She landed at a house and the door opened and two men came running out.

"What happened?" one man asked, the renegades saved her, but her parents were still dead. Even if she and Evie were still alive. Nova knew she should be grateful, but she knew that Evie would be dead if it wasn't for her power, and she was only in danger because she went to look for her parents. The attacker wouldn't know that they were there, or maybe he would have. Nova could have stopped him before could have done something sooner.

Over the next seven years she grows closer to the Renegade family, and Nova also grows closer to Adrian, and yet she never talks about what happened that night. Even if she and Evie are super close Nova never tells Evie what happened that night, Evie only knows that her parents were killed and that the Renegades and her older sister saved her. Nova can't sleep, and she keeps thinking about revenge and getting stronger, she spends all her nights training, and inventing. On her 13th birthday Simon, Hugh, (her guardians) as well as Georgia and Adrian all go to the park for her birthday. They had just won the battle and everything was still fresh and new, but it was safe. It was until Nova and Adrian were playing together and then they heard a gunshot. Nova fell to the ground even when the gunshot was far off. She's back to being a six year old girl watching her parents die. Adrian runs to her but before he gets to her Simon is covering him as a bomb goes off. Nova was still on the ground reliving that one night, and yet once she hears a voice, her uncle's voice, she opens her eyes and looks around and yet she knows he won't be there. Nova knew he was killed but yet there he was, he had two people helping him stand but even as bombs kept going off she ran to her uncle. By the time she was gone with her uncle the bombs were dealt with and when no one could find her everyone thought she was dead.

Nova spends the next three years growing and training with her uncle, Honey, Ingrid, and Leroy, and even Winston. She changes her allies, from Insomnia to Nightmare. She and Ingrid spend time together committing crimes and training. Honey teaches Nova all about manners and teaches her how to be a great actor, and no matter how much Nova thought it was useless she did love spending time with Honey. Leroy was always there when she needed help for her inventions, and she loved learning about what Leroy was creating. Even if at first Nova didn't think Winston was really someone she wanted to hang out with, she soon found out that Winston was a mastermind. They created big and complicated plans on how they would do simple tasks. Nova still misses her sister, and Adrian but she was strong here and was able to have freedom she lacked with the Renegades. She wasn't ever allowed to fight unless they started it, she was always watched or was told to stay in the house, but here, she could fight people to let out her anger, she could be out and take care of herself. She could grow and learn, but then one day she was getting up for a cup of coffee, and then Leroy, Ace and Ingrid came up to her.