"Whatever."

I can feel the frustration coming from him as he walks past me to my room, knowing I'll follow.

I always follow.

Thankfully once in my room, the topic is dropped. It's not resolved by any means, but I'll take putting it on hold for now.

We spend the rest of the day studying, only taking a break to go into town and grab salads for lunch.

By the time the sun is near setting, Trey's mood, and mine, has improved significantly. I feel a lot more relaxed.

I know a tough conversation looms overhead, but I'm letting myself make the most of this day.

"Hey, babe." He nuzzles into my neck, running a hand under my shirt and over my stomach. "Before I leave, let's mess around."

I meet his kisses. He rolls himself on top of me, and I know that next he'll start kissing my neck, then tug at my waistband.

We have a routine. There isn't anything wrong with that.

We've been together for five years, and it didn't take us long to start having sex since we'd known each other forever. We've been doing this since we were teenagers. 

That's what happens when people are together a long time.

You get into a routine that works.

That's okay.

It's fine.

It just seems like you're lacking passion. Hudson's voice pops into my head, and I push it out.

We're not lacking passion.

Maybe I just need to remind myself of that. Maybe just today I need more. 

Instead of letting our usual pattern occur, I flip myself on top of Trey. I guess the last couple of days has me feeling bold, because I lean down to his ear and whisper.

"I've missed you this weekend. Did you miss me?" I kiss along his jaw while running my hands over his chest. "I want you. Show me how much you missed me."

"Whoa, babe." His hands cup my face, leaning back to look at me. "What's gotten into you?"

"I want to change it up." I sit up to straddle him, running my hands up under his shirt.

"Okay, okay." Trey gets up, pushing me off of him in the process. My butt hits the mattress with a bounce. "I'm sorry, but..." He laughs, "You're kind of acting like a slut."

I warm with embarrassment as he looks at me like I'm deranged.

Passion. The all-consuming, we were made for each other, I need every single piece of you type of passion. You and your boyfriend don't have that?

"You're my boyfriend. We're supposed to act like that for each other."

"If I wanted a slut to be my girlfriend, I'd be dating one of the girl's who throw themselves at me at school."

I cringe at the reminder that he's at his own school doing whatever he wants, while I'm not supposed to do anything at all if I don't run it by him first.

Everyone needs passion. Someone who drives you crazy. Someone who makes you lose your mind a little bit. Someone you can barely keep your hands off of.

"It's fine. Let's just watch a movie." I mumble, ready for the moment to pass.

I wish Hudson's words would quit echoing in my head. He doesn't know what he's talking about.