꧁~Out for a Little Bit~(LXXIV)꧂

c.74

"Look at you," Trinity sat up in her chair, "you look actually stunning."

Catching the attention of the other two, their heads turned at the same time, Lily grinned and Chris studied me for a moment.

"Yeah, you look nice," the boy with long curls and light brown eyes mumbled partially under his breath.

He was fidgeting with the watch on his wrist, standing with a slight hunch as his gaze fell to his shoes. That's odd.

Before I could think into it any further, Trinity stood, motioning us all to follow as she took the lead. Going through the doors, we began to make our way outside and down the steps on the side of the building.

Presumably telling the chauffeur the location, Trinity spoke quietly. She then opened the door for herself instantly, sitting down beside Lily.

"So you're not going to tell us where exactly we're going, are you?" Lily raised a playful eyebrow at the older girl, an idolizing expression in her stare.

"No, ma'am," Trinity replied with clear confidence and a hint of stubbornness, "I'm not."

Their dynamic was interesting. Trinity was like a big sister to Lily and less like an older cousin, or so that's what it very much appeared to be like in the short time I had come to know the older.

Techno leaned into my side, a subtle nudge that brought my focus to him, speaking softly in my ear, "are you excited yet?"

"Of course," I smiled with a genuine happiness, "are you?"

"Yep."

Lily interrupted with jubilation in the tone she took, "you'll get to meet Ari, María!"

"I'm sorry, who?"

"Someone I'm close to," Trinity blushed with a faint smile on her lips.

"Ari is her partner," Chris spoke rather calmly, having not said a thing since were were inside the building.

Trinity only began to blush harder, the smile becoming brighter, she was more joyous by just the thought.

It's probably nice to have something like that, someone like that.

Unintentionally, I glanced over at the boy to my right. Surprisingly or not, he was already looking at me.

"So, María," Chris sat cross-legged in the seat, appearing almost childish, "are you ready for tonight?"

I nodded, telling him how I couldn't wait to see what we had planned.

"It'll be great," Techno nudged my arm with his, a smile on his face.

I couldn't help but succumb to his contagious happiness, the warmth he gave the atmosphere, the comfort he provided.

3:14 p.m.

Taking a selfie with Techno, I posted a picture of it on my Instagram story, it felt like it had been forever since I was last active, on everything really.