ceo!jk + assistant!sj

title ideas: ??? 

major tags: slow burn, angst 

character descriptions

jungkook : a cutie. relatively new to the ceo position so makes little mistakes here and there but his assistant seokjin is there to help him solve them. very humble and charitable. lives alone in a small apartment and has an average car despite being a millionaire. not a virgin but sex life and love life are nil because he wants to find the right one. a hopeless romantic but would disagree if someone says it to his face. treats his employees really well. doesnt know how to confront someone when they've wronged him. has a massive crush on sj but hasnt told anyone about it even though everyone can see it (it's like an open secret). always following his assistant around like a lost puppy to the point that new employees think he's the assistant. is actually really good at his job but lacks confidence. "has anyone seen my assistant?"

seokjin : an absolute sweetheart. jeon jungkook's backbone. sometimes takes on the ceo's workload too. genuinely loves and enjoys his job because jk's not an asshole and the company's a fun place to work at. in an unstable marriage but loves his husband so much that he cant file for divorce even though he knows his husband's cheating on him. doesn't let his personal life interfere with work but a person can only hide so much. has absolutely no idea that his boss is crushing on him. is friends with practically all the employees at work and also considers his boss a friend. would go above and beyond for the company. "jungkook, stop overthinking" (yes, they're on a first name basis)

summary of the story and/or jinkook's relationship development

jk notices changes in sj's behaviour (e.g sj talks less, smile doesnt reach the eyes, doesnt go home until late at night, sometimes loses focus at work). jk doesnt want to be unprofessional by overstepping his boundaries but he cares about sj too much to turn a blind eye to sj's change in behaviour so he asks if sj needs a break from work. sj says no and vaguely implies that he'd rather be at work than at home. that gives jk the idea that sj is facing troubles at home (with marriage) so jk does little things to make sj happy (e.g often bringing coffee and breakfast to sj's office in the mornings, leaving a bouquet of flowers and a card that has a message saying "thank you for putting up with me. sincerely, the best boss in the whole entire universe" on sj's desk). those little things make sj smile. more importantly, they make him feel loved and cared for — something he hasn't felt in months.

one day jk leaves another bouquet of flowers on sj's desk but with a card that has a short yet meaningful message inside — "please don't hide your pain. i'm here for you. i'll listen to you — your friend, jungkook". sj eventually opens up to jk over a few drinks and breaks down. jk comforts sj. jnkk get closer and become physically affectionate

??????? time skip ?????

one day jnkk get lost in the moment and kiss e/o after champagne. very intense kiss that leads to sex. sj regrets it the next morning when he wakes up naked in jk's bed. tells jk that it was a mistake bc neither of them were thinking right and that it's wrong bc sj's married.  jk tries to convince sj to leave sj's husband and be with him instead bc cheaters dont deserve a second chance but sj says it's hard bc he still loves his husband. sj apologises to jk and tells jk that jk deserves someone better.

jk becomes very distant towards sj the next day at work.  smiles and laughs with all his employees but only speaks to sj when necessary and keeps conversations formal/strictly professional. sj feels hurt bc he knows jk is upset and avoiding him but he doesn't confront jk about it bc he knows jk has every right to act that way. employees suspect smthn's wrong btwn jnkk bc they're not together 24/7 like they used to be.

sj's husband suddenly starts treating sj better. even cooks dinner and makes it all fancy. sj's happy again at home but feels strangely empty.feels sad at work bc of the situation with jk. gets jealous whenever jk flirts with other ppl. tries to convince himself it's only bc hes the only person jk's treating coldly but he gets mad when he finds out jk's going out on a date w someone after work. kisses jk goodbye at the carpark before going home. jk texts sj asking if sj's playing games with him. sj says he kissed jk on an impulse. jk's bitter bc sj still wont come to him but he's also satisfied bc he knows sj's jealous. jk goes on dates w different ppl every week just to get a reaction out of sj 

some going back and forth?? which makes sj realise he has feelings for jk too but he cant act on them bc he's married. doesnt think it's fair on jk 

eventually sj catches his husband cheating and dumps his ass. takes a short break from work to get through the divorce process faster but tells jk that he's going on vacation. only tells jk the truth when the divorce process is all done. jk admits he struggled a lot w/o sj bc the new assistant isn't as competent as sj. sj's worried he lost his job but jk gives him a surprise . sj's promoted to co-ceo! 

epilogue is probably going to be jnkk and employees at the event to celebrate sj's major promotion. after the event jk takes sj to a penthouse in a luxury hotel. they spend the night there alone together. just lots of kissing and cuddling. then jk asks sj if sj will finally commit to him. sj says yes (the part in bold is where the story will end)

FEEDBACK???