Chapter 25

I stared at the smoke, worried, they were actually doing the attack. Why was that surprising me? I knew it was going to happen, no one else did.

But what was their goal? I was just told to give information of the training camp, everything else was just taboo to me.

Suddenly, I could feel something pierce through my mind, nothing physical, but like a voice that wasn't mine managed to worm it's way inside my brain.

"Everyone!" Mandalay said. "We're being attacked by two villains. It's possible that there are more! Everyone who can move, get back to camp immediately! Even if you come across the enemy, retreat and do not engage!"

Dylan and I exchanged a look, if there were more villains, people could be getting injured.

"We need to see if anyone is alright! Some could have been attacked!" Dylan said as he took off back down the path.
"Hey, wait! Mandalay said to head back to camp!" I called, chasing after him.

We ran back the way we came, worried for our classmates and those in the other class.
"Wait!" Dylan called, coming to a stop and grabbing the back of my shirt, pulling me back. "That doesn't look right."

We slowly stepped back as a cloud of pinkish fog wafted out of the trees ahead of us, stopping us from going any further.
I looked up and the smoke from earlier had become thicker, trailing up into the air and blocking the night sky from our view.

"Come on, let's head back." I muttered, tugging on his hoodie. "It's not going to end well if we keep going this way..."

He paused but nodded, reluctantly turning around as we walked away from the smoke that was growing larger.
We silently walked, keeping an eye out for anyone before I froze, hearing some muttering.

"Flesh...I want to consume flesh...meat..." I heard someone mutter and I quickly pulled Dylan behind a tree before hiding behind a bush, activating my camouflage.

I peeked out as I heard footsteps, seeing some weird figure stumbling down the path. He seemed to be wearing a straight jacket that encased his whole body, only leaving his mouth vulnerable.

"Flesh..." He groaned, turning a little and walking off into a different direction, before disappearing into the foliage.

We waited for a bit before I let out a sigh of relief, deactivating my quirk and standing up.
Strange, I hadn't seen him before, not at the bar or any time I went to meet with Shigaraki, was he new?

"That was close." I muttered. "We need to be more careful."
"Yeah..." Dylan agreed.
"We should just stay in the foliage, it's probably better than staying out in the open." I suggested. "That way we can have better opportunities for hiding."

And so we slowly made our way to where we thought the exit was, pausing every now and then to make sure we couldn't hear anyone approaching.

Then that same feeling of Mandalay's telepath wormed it's way into my head again.

"Everyone in Class A and Class B! In the name of pro hero, Eraser Head, you are granted permission to engage in combat! I repeat! Everyone in Class A and Class B! You are granted permission to engage in combat!" Mandalay instructed.

"This is bad." Dylan muttered. "There's probably more villains if she's telling us that."
"At least we'll be able to defend ourselves." I agreed before looking around. "Which way were we heading again?"

"We have discovered two of the villains' targets!" Mandalay informed us again. "Two of the students, (Y/n) and 'Kacchan'!"
"Bakugo?" Dylan asked, a little confused. "And you...?"