"I will." I said getting in my car, knowing I was probably lying to that poor boy.

I sped away to my job that I actually was not late for, blasting my music and sipping on my Frappuccino. This was the most normal my life had been in 2 weeks. I can finally be calm knowing that my college education will be paid for.

—————

After my nice little six hour shift, I decided to take time to relax by myself. I went to the nail salon two doors down from the clothing store I worked at ready to get a fill in.

As I was being seated my phone started ringing. It was Clifford.

"Cheyenne," He said my name as soon as I answered. "I would like to see you today if that is okay with you?"

"Yeah that's cool. I'm at the nail salon right now, so I'll let you know when I'm finished."

"The nail salon? Let me send you some money to cover it. Is $150 fine?" I smiled. $150 for a fill in? Hell yeah that's fine.

"Yes that is perfect."

"Alright great. I'm sending it now."

After we hung up, I relaxed in the chair, deciding to get a pedicure too. Is this what life as a sugar baby was really like? This shit felt like a fairytale.

—————

After my nail appointment, I met Clifford at his home. He lived on the wealthier side of town, the side with gated residences and shit. I had only drove through this part of town on my way out the state. Nobody I knew could even think about affording to live here.

He was waiting at the door when I pulled up. He seemed very happy to see me which made me smile. He was such a sweet man.

"Hey beautiful," He opened my door, hugging me when I stepped out. "How are you?"

"I'm doing okay today." I smiled.

He grabbed my hand and studied my nails. "They look great."

"Thanks to you." I laughed. No seriously, a bitch had Swarovski crystals on her fingers right now.

"Aslong as your happy."

Clifford had planned for us to go out to a restaurant that I could not pronounce. I had on a basic fit and felt completely underdressed but he kept assuring me that I looked beautiful. Who wouldn't want to receive compliments, attention, and money from a man that only wants your company? I really could not find any flaws in this little arrangement that we have going on.

After dinner we went back to his home and chilled in his living room. This was only my second time at his house but it was very cozy. We were sitting on the couch and he was rubbing my feet - he insisted because I was complaining about being on my feet all day at work.

"So what do you think about going on a business trip with me next month?" Clifford looked at me with a hopeful look in his eyes.

I bit my lip knowing that I was in school and had to work so I probably couldn't go, but I didn't want to disappoint him. "I will let you know. I can't really take off of work or miss my classes."

"I understand that completely. It's a weekend trip, Labor Day weekend actually... so you should have a day off of school right?"

I nodded and as I was going to argue that I still had to work he said, "And don't worry about your job. I will pay you for whatever you miss out on at work."

Well then, I guess we're going on a business trip.

—————

The following week I started my first semester at my dream school and things were actually going well. I was able to save up the money from my job, and the money from Clifford to pay for my first year flat out. My parents knew nothing. I moved into my dorm without complications. I was making friends, and I even joined an organization on campus doing community service.

Everything was perfect. Until I saw him. The boy from Starbucks whose number I took but never dialed.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere." He said sarcastically as he approached me from across the cafe.

"Yeah," I blushed. "You gave me your number at Starbucks one day."

"Oh right, and you never called me." He chuckled shaking his head. I noticed his one dimple as he smiled. Why exactly did I never call him?

"Yeah... I was in a rush that day."

"It's cool. I get it." He shrugged grabbing a plate from over my head. He smelled amazing.

It had been months since I was this close to a guy my age. Ever since me and my ex broke up, I had been avoiding boys at all costs. I was determined to make my first heart break, my last.

"Who are you here with?" I asked before he walked away. I rolled my eyes at how desperate I sounded.

"I usually eat by myself." He shrugged.

"Eat with me then."

"Oh what, you wanna eat with me?" He mocked in a fake surprised tone.

"Dont do that," I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm a horrible texter anyway. I'd rather talk in person."

"Fine," He smiled. "I'll eat with you. But don't consider this a date."

"Who the fuck goes on a date to the cafe anyway?" I laughed.

—————

From the beginning I knew this was all bad. The boy, Kyle, was very charming. I started liking him from that day in the cafe and I knew that my sugar baby relationship with Clifford was going to get a little more complicated.

Clifford wanted to pick me up and take me to dinner, but Kyle wanted to spend the night in the library. And although I desperately wanted to go on this library date, a bitch couldn't afford to lose her sugar daddy. So I told Kyle I had to work, but I would meet him in the library when I got off.

Clifford picked me up from the back side of my dorm at 6, and I quietly slipped out the door and ran to his Escalade.

"Hey gorgeous."

"Hey," I smiled. "How was your day?"

"It was pretty uneventful. Just had to handle some business. Seeing you is the highlight of my day though."

I began to blush. "Yeah it's definitely good for me to get off campus and hang out with you. I've been very stressed lately."

"How about we go to a spa this weekend so that you can relax."

"That sounds amazing." I sighed leaning back in the extremely comfortable seats.

While we ate dinner, Clifford asked me about my school and my schedule and things of that nature. He also suggested that I stopped working.

"I... I don't know." I was taken aback by his suggestion. I wouldn't mind not working, but it was risky considering my parents would be nosey about my money, gifts, trips etc. I could always just lie about it but I really didn't want to get into the habit of lying to people. When you tell one lie, then you have to tell another to cover up that lie and let's just face it I was a horrible liar.

"I can tell you're working hard and I know you're tired. I just figured a job was unnecessary stress, I have no problem increasing your allowance. I would rather you spend that time with me and let me take care of you." He stared into my eyes intensely and grabbed my hands with his last sentence. I was a little caught off guard because it seemed to me like he was talking about something a little out of our agreement. I just know Clifford wasn't coming on to me.

I was still unsure and I knew he could tell, so then he tried to reason with me. "At least for this month, quit your job and see how it goes, if you feel like not having your job is causing you problems then you go back to work and I won't press the issue anymore."

I nodded my head in agreement. Not having to work did sound good, maybe telling a little lie here and there wouldn't hurt anybody.