A Big Mistake.

"Okay, if you promise not to bite me, I will share my food with you." Your voice is cheerful as you smile down at the dog beside your legs, he had been following you around the house ever since Rosinante left and growling every time you went near Law's room, something that exasperates you madly since you need to pass it in order to enter Rosinante's. 

The fluffball staring up at you with inquisitive eyes as you stir the macaroni and cheese, a pleasant smell wafting from the saucepan and causing your stomach to growl, you haven't exactly eaten much in the past 24 hours so you're naturally quite hungry.

Bringing the wooden spoon to your lips, you gently blow against it, cooling down the cheese sauce before scooping a bit onto your finger and holding it out for Bepo, allowing the dog to lick your digit clean.

Yes, this is how we win doggos over. Feed them good food. 

Dipping the spoon back into the pan, you resume stirring your meal, your free hand reaching for your phone and attempting to call Bonney for the third time today. 

The girl has been avoiding your calls all morning which, considering you woke up at 6am today, you'll forgive...but it is now 11 and you'd like to speak to her and find out what the hell she got up to last night.

At least you know she's okay since she answered the last call, albeit she only grumbled "Later." before hanging up on you, it would seem your friend isn't much of a morning person - not when she's hungover, anyway.

At least you know she got home safely, courtesy of Shanks no doubt.

"Hello?" The girl's tired voice reaching your ears as she finally answers the call, you can even hear some light clutter in the background, indicating she's at least out of bed now. 

"Hey, hoe." A playful tone to your voice while you bring the spoon to your lips once again, licking some more sauce from the utensil before continuing, adding a dash of pepper to the cheesy meal for some extra flavour. "Did Shanks make it out alive last night?"

"Ha! No, not really~!"

It's in this moment you hear the male speak in the background on her end, a slight sweat dampening your features as you grimace. Great.

You honestly hadn't thought Shanks was attracted to her so the two spending the night together is quite shocking but, they are both consenting adults and Bonney has been mostly open-minded about you liking Rosinante so you'll give her the same respect in return.

"The poor man." You lightly jest while turning off the hob and setting your hot meal aside, reaching for a plate, the girl giggling in the background. "So, how was he? Good or bad? Kinky or nah?" 

Your questions turn her giggles into more of a hearty laughter, her voice seemingly distant as she calls out to Shanks. "Hey, you need to go shower! We're having girl talk here!" You'd assume he does as asked when she suddenly begins speaking more clearly once again. "He wasn't exactly kinky but that's fine, he still railed me real good~!"

"...Lovely."

"It was~! He likes to bite~!" Your eyes impulsively rolling at the information as you put the girl on speaker and set the phone down, her voice echoing throughout the kitchen as you pour the food onto your plate. "Did Rosinante screw you good too? Is his junk as impressive as his height~?"

"Uh, no...we almost went all the way this morning but he had work..." Your anxieties rise when the girl doesn't respond, when Bonney goes silent, you know it's not good. "And last night he let me sleep in his bed while he took the sofa so we haven't really done anything apart from kissing..."

A sigh escaping your lips as you grab your plate of food and your phone, making your way toward the dining room when the girl finally speaks again. "Okay....? That's good though, right? It means he respects you!" 

I sure hope so.

"Yeah, maybe. It's probably a good thing we didn't go further honestly, his little brother lives here and these walls are paper thin." You don't miss the pinkette's subtle snort at your words, a small pout etching into your features as she recollects herself.

"I mean...isn't his little brother Trafalgar Law?" By this point you're not even sure why you're surprised she knows this, the girl knows everyone in this damn town despite spending the last 5 years living on the outskirts. "I could stall him if you want?"

"No, I--how would you do that?" 

Please don't try to screw my potential boyfriend's brother, that would cause so much more complications!

"Well, he's a doctor so I could be a difficult patient, if ya want? I'll buy you some time!" You don't doubt that the pinkette would go to such a length for you.

In fact you can almost picture her sitting on the hospital bed and listing off hundreds of fake medical problems for the raven to look into, he would surely not be impressed.

"No way, if he finds out I put you up to it, he'll hate me even more." You fingers plucking a piece of pasta from your plate and dropping it on the floor for Bepo, watching as the dog snatches it up while you eat some from the plate. 

"So? He hates everyone!"

"But I'd rather he hate me just a little less." 

The girl doesn't seem impressed by your response but she doesn't argue at least, instead turning the subject back to Rosinante while you try to get an understanding of where her and Shanks are heading but it seems the redhead was just a one-night stand.

Well, at least that'll make for less drama in the long run.

Your friend soon ends the call and leaves you in silence.

Well, that is until you push your chair out anyway, aiming to take your plate through to the kitchen and wash up.

However a sudden loud yelp emerges as the piece of furniture's leg runs over a small lump, the sound causing you to jolt as a sense of horror washes over you and your head snaps toward the dog.

You hadn't considered where Bepo was before moving and you certainly didn't think he was behind you.

Your stomach sinking when you see him limping, his left paw seemingly injured but when you approach to try and look at it, he growls at you. 

"Oh come on, please! I didn't mean to!"

You can practically feel the sweat beginning to roll down your face as you watch the furball feel sorry for himself and it's in this moment that you notice the crimson liquid dripping from the injury, several screams blaring out inside your head. 

Oh god, Law is going to kill me!!