nine.

on the way back to jack's, we stop and get subway for dinner, since we didn't eat anything at the fair. when we get to his house, jamie is already asleep, so jack and i try to be as quiet as possible walking in. "did you guys get anything to eat? i could heat up some leftovers." amanda tells us, and jack shakes his head. "we stopped at subway, but thank you." he says with a smile. "okay, i'm gonna go to sleep. don't stay up too late." she smiles at us, kissing jack's forehead before walking into her room.

jack and i quietly walk into his room, trying not to wake jamie. "oh shit- i forgot to get clothes." i whisper, as jack closes his bedroom door. "wear my clothes." he says with a smile, as he pulls open his drawers and hands me a t-shirt of his, along with a pair of his shorts. "thank you." i say quietly with a smile. "no problem. i love when you wear my clothes." he wraps his arms around me from behind, and kisses my cheek. "i'm gonna change in the bathroom, you can change in here." he tells me, as he grabs a pair of his sweatpants and a pair of boxers before walking into his bathroom.

after he closes the bathroom door, i start to change into his clothes. after i've changed, i take my things and put my bra under my clothes in a pile in the corner. "am i safe to come out?" jack asks through the bathroom door. "yeah, you're safe." i reply with a chuckle, as he opens the door and smiles at me. "you look gorgeous." he spoke quietly, wrapping his arms around my neck, and mine around his waist. "thank you, jack." i whisper, kissing his cheek before leaving the hug and sitting down on his bed. "are you tired?" he asks me, and i nod. "okay, c'mere." he says, laying down on his bed and opening his arms for me to lie down on him. i put my head on his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his torso.

he brushes his hands through my hair, turning off his led lights, so now the room is dark. "jack?" i say quietly, breaking the silence. "yes, my love?" he replies, making my heart melt. "thank you." i whisper, as he turns on his led lights again. "for what?" he asks, sitting up against his headboard. i sit up with him, as he wraps his arms around my waist as holds me close to him. "for everything. for being here for me every time my mom leaves, for making me smile, for everything you do for me." i speak quietly, as a toothy smile grows on his face. "i love you jack... so much." i whisper, putting my hands on his cheeks and rubbing my thumbs over his cheekbones.

he presses his lips against mine, putting one of his hands on my hip and the other on the side of my neck. "i should be the one thanking you. it's like my mom said, i haven't been as happy as i've been since i found out you were in love with me." he says, making my face grow red. he chuckles at that. "i felt like my heart was glowing. i'd never thought you'd think of me as anything more than a friend." he adds, as i feel tears welling up in my eyes, and i notice that his eyes are doing the same. "don't cry, you're gonna make me cry." i tell him, wiping my eyes. "you're gonna make me cry." he chuckles, wiping his eyes.

"i love you y/n. always." he whispered, making a tear run down my cheek, and he wipes it away. "i love you more than anything, jack will." i whisper back, as he kisses my lips and holds one of his hands on the side of my neck. his kisses my cheek, and then the tip of my nose, as he gently turns me on my back. he buries his face in the crook of my neck, pecking it a few times softly (not sexually).

he wraps his arms tightly around my waist, and i wrap mine around his neck, ruffling through his hair with my fingers. "sorry, i know you said you were tired." he spoke quietly. "don't apologize, i started the conversation. plus, i love talking to you." i assure him, as he kisses my neck once. "i love talking to you too." he smiles, and i feel his nose brush against my neck. "goodnight jack." i whisper, kissing his forehead. "goodnight, my love," he whispers back. "i love you." he adds. "i love you more."

(sorry this was shorter than usual.)