When Jake gets away from Derek, he comes straight for me and punches me in the face and that was it for him. I've never seen Derek like it.

"Derek, Derek stop." I say when Jake's body becomes a bit too lose.

Derek stands up and tilts my head up to face him. "I'm okay." I say and wipe some blood from my nose. He puts his hand on my cheek and his veins fill up with black.

"I can't believe he did that." Derek says whilst looking at my nose which was throbbing. "Is it broken?" I ask and he winces. "I think so." He says and I groan.

"Do I still look pretty?" I ask and he laughs. "No." He says and I pout. "You'll stay with me out of pity, right?" I ask and Derek chuckles. "If I have to." He says rolling his eyes.

He leans down and kisses me but I groan and pull away. "It hurts when you do that." I say and he sighs. "Typical. I have to stay with your ugly ass and now I can't even kiss you." He teases and I laugh before turning back to the very unconscious Jake on the floor.

"We should call your dad." Derek says and I sigh. "He's dead Nia, I killed him. He doesn't have a pulse. I can't hear it." Derek says and I look up at him worried.

"Typical. You literally just had charges dropped against you earlier today and now, now you're gonna get arrested again for killing him. God." I say and he chuckles.

"You still have to stay with me." He says and I roll my eyes. "Duh, I have no other options now that my nose looks like this." I say and he leans down and kisses my cheek.

"Call your dad." He says before walking out of my bedroom.

I dial dad's number then put my phone to my ear.

"Is everything alright?" He asks and I scratch the back of my neck. "Oh, you're gonna love this. So uh... Jake broke into our house and attacked me and Derek and now he's dead. My nose is broken. Reckon you can get EMT over here?" I ask and he groans. "Yeah, we'll be there." Dad says and ends the call.

Derek hands me some tissue and we sit at the foot of my bed and look at Jake's dead body whilst I hold tissue under my nose.

"Nia? Derek?" Dad calls as he rushes up the stairs. "Up here." Derek calls as I put my head on his shoulder.

He runs into my room and looks from me and Derek to Jake and sighs.

****
Deputy after Deputy fills up the house.

I was lucky. I got to sit in the EMT van whilst getting my injuries checked.

Unfortunately, my nose is broken. I don't need surgery but it is broken.

I watch Derek come over to me and sit beside me. "How's the nose?" He asks and I groan and put my head on his shoulder. "Broken." I say and Derek groans.

"Are we gonna get arrested?" I ask and Derek chuckles. "No, it's self defense." Derek says and I take a breath of relief.

"You two should get outta here. Get some rest." Dad says and Derek stands up and puts his hand out for me.

"Is your nose okay." Dad asks and I groan. "No." I say sadly and he looks at me sympathetically. "Sorry." He says ans I shrug. "Oh well." I say as Derek leads me to my car.

"Give me your keys." Derek says and I do exactly that.

****
When we get back to Dereks. I take my clothes off the second I get through the door.

"I'm still here." Peter says and I jump and block my chest with my arms. Derek hands me one of his t-shirts and I simply just climb into bed.

"What happened to her face?" I hear Peter says and I groan. Do I look that ugly?"Her nose is broken." Derek says and I look over to them.

"Can you leave, I want to go to bed. It's been a long day. I want my boyfriend to reassure me that I'm not that ugly." I say lying down and Peter scoffs. "I'm not doing that." Derek says and I role my eyes. "Bitch." I mutter.

Eventually Derek gets ready for bed and starts setting up a chess board.

"What are you doing?" Peter asks Derek. "And more importantly, why aren't you healing?" Peter asks and I perk up.

"It's from one of their swords. It'll heal." Derek says. "By playing chess?" Peter asks. "No, by having sex." I say and Derek raises an eyebrow at me.

"What? I need to feel pretty, tell your psychopath uncle to leave and get your ass over here." I say and Peter rolls his eyes.

"Back in his room, Stiles had a board with my name on one of the pieces. If this is a game to him, then I need to figure out the plays." Derek says ignoring me and I roll my eyes.

"Not so easy to do when it's a game without rules." Peter says. "What does that mean?" Derek asks and I get out of bed and slowly walk over to them.

"You're dealing with the kind of spirit that's lived too long to play by human rules. It's a fox spirit that chose to become human. And supposedly, that's something they can do only after about 100 years." Peter says and I roll my eyes.

"If a Kitsune is an annoying pain in the ass, then a nogitsune, which is a dark kitsune, is a freaking disaster." Peter says whilst standing up.

"Besides, chess is Stiles's game. It's not the game of a Japanese fox." Peter says, putting his jacket on.

"Do yourself a favour and put something on that, before it gets infected." Peter says before leaving.

When he leaves I place a kiss on Derek's neck. "Can you help me?" I ask and he looks down at me. "Come on, I had to watch you beat the shit out of someone. It was hot." I say and he kisses the corner of my mouth.

"Let me get something on this." He says and I nod.

I sit on the bed and take his t-shirt that I had on, off.

"Come here, sexy pants." I say and he chuckles. "Sexy pants?" He asks and I nod. "Get your pants off and get over here." I say which makes him laughs.

His abs are perfection.

****
The next day, Derek was ill. Well looked ill.

I let myself sleep in because we had a very late night. But the second I woke up, he was acting weird.

"Derek?" I ask he picks our clothes off of the floor. "Is everything okay?" I ask worrying.

What if its me? What if my broken nose really has made me unbearably ugly. Nah can't be. Not even a bonked nose could make me not appealing.

I climb out of bed and put a t-shirt on.

I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?" I ask and he nods. "You don't look it. You quite literally look like shit." I joke but he doesn't react. "That was a joke." I say as he puts his shoes on.

"I think im gonna go talk to Argent." He says and I nod and sit at the foot of our bed. "I can take you if you want." I suggest. "I have my own car." He bites before heading out of there.

****
After getting ready, I just mope on our bed till my phone rings. Melissa.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" I ask answering the phone. "It's Stiles. We've got him and they think they have a way to save him." She says and I jump up. "Im on my way." I say quickly before grabbing my stuff and heading to their house.