The Test

"...Naruto...Satsuki...Mind telling me why your teammate Ino is unconscious?"

A beautiful woman with coal black hair and captivating ruby red eyes asked the two teens in front of her. Kurenai Yuhi had just arrived on the field to see an odd sight. Naruto and Satsuki were huddled together underneath a tree, Naruto was reading an orange book which he claimed was one of his hobbies, and Satsuki was munching on an apple. Meanwhile, their third teammate Ino Yamanaka was lying unconscious right behind Naruto...Why? She didn't know.

"...Oh you see sensei, there was thiiissss~ big monster with three heads which appeared out of nowhere and startled us. I and Satsuki chased it off but Ino was too scared and went unconscious..." Kurenai's student with red-streaked blonde hair informed her seriously.

"...You actually want me to believe that?" The ruby-red eyed woman couldn't keep the incredulity out of her voice.

"No. But you can believe it if you want...Believe it." Naruto said with that familiar emotionless look on his face.

"...You do know how much you sounded like your sister at the end? Believe it? Seriously?" Kurama quipped from his mindscape. Naruto inwardly winced but ignored his inner spirit.

Satsuki smacked her forehead and went to the unconscious girl to shake her roughly. The platinum blonde Yamanaka awoke hastily and looked around her to see Kurenai standing in front of Naruto with a glare.

Naruto shrugged blankly at his sensei's glare, "...See she's awake now..."

Kurenai really did not want to compare her student with that hapless bastard Kakashi...But the similarity was too much to ignore...In the end Kurenai sighed exasperatedly and decided to leave the matter. When Ino stood up on shaky legs and glared at Naruto, Kurenai decided to begin her test.

The Jounin spoke up, "...So...As you all know we've gathered here for today's test which will decide you will become true Genins of Konoha or not...As some of you realize this team was built for pure unadulterated Assault and Assassination purposes..." Here Kurenai's tone became a bit tough and serious and a frown marred itself across her pretty face, "...Until this year...There hasn't been a ANY Genin Team meant for assassination purposes...Not even I know what made Hokage create an assassination team of Genins of all things...But since it's his decision I won't question it. Your goal is to assassinate my clone. Your given area is Training ground 12, 4, 9, 7 and 18. My clone could be anywhere near these designated areas. You have to search for my clone and kill it within 4 hours...Your test begins now!"

As soon as Kurenai announced that she was expecting all three of them to split up and go searching but...This was not something she expected.

Ino Yamanaka openly gaped at the term assassination but Naruto just frowned and tucked in his book as he turned to a grinning Satsuki.

"...Bitch...Plans?"

"...Hn Bastard...You go for aerial search. Look for the clone from the sky...And use your clones. I will go for on ground searching and keep sensei entertained...Ino will stay with me...I can't deal with sensei alone..." Satsuki admitted with a frown towards Kurenai.

The ruby-red eyed woman just smirked haughtily, "...So you realized huh? Well good that you know that I will be trying to make sure you don't kill my clone...You'll have to keep on the run and try to kill my clone at the same tim –"

SHLIEK!!

It was only years of battle experience that made her close her mouth and jump to the side to barely dodge the slash of a sword that came from her left...Aimed at her throat.