"Keep going," muttered Jacob, his lips barely moving as he guided Sarah to the closest available goblin. 

Barnaby followed closely, looking about for any signs of trouble, as Jacob had instructed, though he wasn't sure what signs there would be. 

"Donna and Markus Spellman to make a withdrawal," said Jacob. 

"And your key?"

Barnaby looked around at the lobby in confusion. Any other time he'd visited the bank at this hour, the goblins were all taking advantage of the few patrons to count their gold greedily. The few wizard guards were sat around talking or sipping tea; many of them not at their posts yet. But now, everyone seemed on high alert, watching he patrons with suspicion. Barnaby's eyes drifted to the doors that led to the vaults--and his stomach dropped. 

He reached behind him, grabbing some invisible arm. 

"What?" Merula hissed in his ear. 

"Bellatrix Lestrange is here."

"You're joking."

"I'm not. I just saw her go to through to her vault."

"Then we have to leave, right?" whispered Elena, the fear evident in her voice.

"Of course we leave, there's no way we can rob her vault while she's in it," said Merula. 

Barnaby jumped. While they'd been talking, the goblin had gotten down from his chair and began to lead Jacob and Sarah across the lobby.

"Hurry," he whispered to the others, then followed after the siblings, making sure not to bump into any patrons along the way. He just managed to catch up to Jacob and whisper the distressing news in his ear as they stepped through the doors. 

The goblin summoned a cart and Jacob took out his wand. "Imperio." A blissful look crept across the goblin's face. "Everyone in."

They all climbed in, then zoomed downward at break-neck speed. They stopped in front of vault 423. 

"Hang on," said Sarah. "This is our vault. What are we doing?"

"Bellatrix is here!" said Barnaby. "I saw her go to her vault just before us."

"Are you absolutely sure?" asked Jacob, his eyes wide but fierce. 

"'Course I am, I'd recognize her anywhere. She was with two wizards and another goblin."

"Can it be a coincidence that she'd come to her vault the same day as us?" asked Sarah, her mother's face pale. 

"It can be bad luck, which I'm not surprised at us having at all," said Merula. 

"We'll have to go back, won't we?" said Elena again. 

Jacob thought for a minute. "No, we might not have another chance at this. We'll just wait here for a bit. Give her a chance to come and go. Then, we'll go down to her vault."

"What if she's coming to get the horcrux thingy out?" asked Barnaby. 

"Why would she?" asked Sarah. "Surely, this is the safest place for it."

"Unless," said Jacob slowly, "someone tipped her off that we'd be trying to steal it."

"I know what you are thinking," said Elena, "I've done nothing of the kind. If I tried to make contact with the Death Eaters, they would kill me. You have no threat of me conversing with them."

"What about you, Lee?" asked Jacob. "You sure they haven't been rooting in your head this whole time?"

"No! I mean, yes! I mean, I don't think so..."