He nodded. "Mhm. Their creators are siblings, always bickering. It's such a nostalgic thing to see their creations act just like their creators."

"Well, Bukubukuchagama is a very cheerful one. But sometimes, she's rather... scary."

"Scary is an understatement. When she scolds Pereroncino? Goodness, I thought it was my mother."

Hiyori busted out into soft laughter as she nodded. "Indeed, she does give off that aura!"

Their talk was interrupted by a deep, gravelly voice. It came with loud thuds of the speaker's steps. "ʜᴏᴡ ɴᴏɪꜱʏ." The speaker's arrival silenced Aura and Shalltear's bicker as they all turned to the source.

There stood an over two meters tall heteromorphic being shrouded in cold air—Cocytus, Guardian of the fifth floor. He has an appearance of an insect walking on two feet, a fusion between a mantis and an ant. A tail twice as long as his height, covered in spikes, and a strong jaw that could easily snap heads. From his four hands, one held a silver halberd.

"ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰᴀʀ ɪɴ ꜰʀᴏɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜᴘʀᴇᴍᴇ ᴏɴᴇ."

Momonga nodded, "Thank you for coming, Cocytus."

"ɪ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ɪᴍᴍᴇᴅɪᴀᴛᴇʟʏ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ʀᴇᴄᴇɪᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ, ʟᴏʀᴅ ᴍᴏᴍᴏɴɢᴀ."

Whether Cocytus noticed Hiyori's presence or not, the guardian did not indicate and stood still, awaiting further orders or events.

"I wonder how they would all react to you when I formally introduce you. Mare and Aura are unfamiliar with you, sadly. Will the other guardians be like this?" Momonga asked the other Supreme Being.

Hiyori sent him a look. "I'm not sure of that as well. Shalltear gave me a look of some kind and Cocytus is not responsive to my presence."

"Well, we have one more guardian that you haven't met. He should be here soon-"

As soon as Momonga finished that sentence, a smooth and calm voice erupted. "Sorry for making everyone wait."

In came the last guardian being led by Albedo—Demiurge. A British-suited demon who guards the seventh floor and a combat leader for when a defensive war takes place.

With their arrival, the wait time is over, and now started the meeting. "Well then, everyone, offer your loyalty to the Ruler of Supreme Beings," Albedo announced with a knowing smile.

They all, one by one, knelt to the ground declaring their name and status, offering their utmost loyalty to the overlord. While this was expected for Momonga, Hiyori was somewhat feeling awkward at the situation.

First, she hadn't been visiting the guild that often—on account of handling her own guild. Her influence towards the guardians was close to none (except for Albedo due to the change of code) and her words don't hold as much power as Momonga.

Secondly, she doesn't know the guardians well. Sure, she has influenced their creators on how they should turn out—it didn't mean that she knew them well.

I'm like a distant relative if I'm comparing here.

Thirdly, the guardians were now sentient. Their loyalty to Hiyori was not codes, but actual feelings that they hold influenced by their line of code about their personality.

All in all, the guardians have no reason other than that she is a Supreme Being to trust her.

Which is not enough... Hiyori sighed to herself and looked up to Momonga, who was looking back at her with flaring red orbs.