Love? Varun

Shraddha’s giggles echoed through the hallways. She was coming back to her room, and her best friend wasn't helping it, he kept joking around and she was left off laughing each time.

“Okay Batuk, enough of your jokes,” she said as she closed the door to her room behind her. “I’ve got to get ready for an event, and I better hurry, so try not to crack any more jokes cause I don't wanna waste time laughing again.”

“Okay madam!” Varun said, saluting her and Shraddha giggled again.

She opened her wardrobe and started looking for what to wear and Varun kept talking.

“Truth or dare?” he asked.

“Nah, it's outdated,” Shraddha replied, not looking up.

“Uh, never have I ever?”

“It requires more than two people.”

“Ugh. Okay, how about this – I'll tell you a word or a phrase and you have to tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when I say that? Alright?” Varun suggested and Shraddha nodded.

Varun Dhawan was the heartthrob of Bollywood, he had stolen the hearts of almost all the females of India with his cuteness and randomness. But our hero had feelings for none other than his best friend. Cliché, I know. He tried to deny them at first, but then he had to agree to his feelings at one point of time, and with the help of Alia, or Alu as he liked to call her, he starting handling his crush on her.

Our heroine here was considered to be one of the most beautiful actresses of the B–Town Industry. Shraddha Kapoor was also a sweetheart, she was so sweet and nice! Our beautiful heroine too had feelings for her best friend, and she knew it. But she confided it in herself, and no one except her knew about this.

“Okay, let's start shall we?” Varun asked and Shraddha nodded again, still looking for a good outfit.

“Movie?” Varun started

“Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.”

“K3G?”

“Karan Johar.”

“KJo?”

“Kuch Kuch Hota Hain.”

“KKHH?”

“Best Friends.”

“Besties?”

“Us,” Shraddha replied, smiling a little.

“VarShra?”

“ABCD2.”

“ABCD2?” Varun smirked. He was getting where he wanted to go.

Shraddha paused for a while as she pulled out a red coloured jumpsuit. Setting it on the bed, she started looking for her makeup supplies. Varun decided to help her and he took her hair straighter and started straightening her hair.

“Dance.”

“Dance?”

They were going fast now, and Shraddha was blurting out very quickly.

“Saturday Saturday.”

“Saturday Saturday?”

“Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania.”

“HSKD?”

“Varia.”

“Varia?”

“Chemistry.”

“Chemistry?” Varun asked, smirking.

“Love.”

“And love?”

“Varun.”

Shraddha froze in her tracks, realizing what she had just said. Varun was a little shocked that Shraddha confessed, but he was also happy that she loved him too. Shraddha meanwhile, was freaking out. She wondered what her best friend's reaction was and she didn't have to courage to turn around and face him.

A moment or two passed like this. Absolute silence. Only the air conditioner and their breathing could be heard.

Then, Shraddha felt a hot breath tickle around her neck. She froze again, she was shocked, no doubt. She expected Varun to be mad, to tell her she was so wrong for feeling like this, but instead he made her feel all these things.

“What did you say?” he muttered huskily into her ear.

“I– uh . . .” she was stuttering.

Varun turned her around and pulled her close to him. Shraddha had to put her palm on his chest to maintain a little distance.

“You love me?” he whispered, sending shivers down her spine.

“Varun– uh–”

“Say it,” he said a little more firmly and Shraddha, although it took a lot of courage, did it.

“I love you,” she stated.

Varun didn't say anything, closing his eyes, he smiled and just put his arms around her waist.

“Varun, say something.”

“Let me have this moment Shraddha. Let me just replay this moment in my mind,” Varun spoke, his eyes still closed. “That my crush from the last two years confessed her feelings for me.”

Shraddha was astonished. Two years! He'd been crushing on her for two years. That's more than Shraddha did. But of course she was happy.

Shraddha, not replying to that, wrapped her arms around Varun and placed her head on his chest, hugging him. Varun was taken a bit aback by this action but smiled to himself. He wrapped his arms around her too.

“I love you too my cutie,” Varun muttered, taking in the scent of her hair.

“Why didn't you tell me?”

“Did’nt I just?”

“No, I mean, why not before?”

“I was worried that it would ruin whatever we had between us, so I thought about confirming that you had feelings for me before telling you,” Varun said.

“And you did it very smoothly,” Shraddha smiled.

She pulled out from the hug and looked into his eyes.

“What are we, Varun?”

“What do you want us to be?” he asked, his usual smirk on his face.

“More than friends,” Shraddha replied.

“More than friends it is, girlfriend,” Varun repeated, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Okay then, help me get ready, boyfriend,” Shraddha teased back.

Varun picked up the straightener again and started straightening her hair. He always liked her straightened hair better, she looked beautiful in those.

“No Veedee! Not the hair! You ruined it the last time you straightened my hair!” Shraddha screamed, stomping her foot on the ground like a baby.

“Then the makeup?”

“You’ll ruin my face!”

“What do you want me to do then?”

“I–I don't know!”

“Just let me do the hair, you know you like it, baby.” he made her sit and started straightening her hair again.

“If you ruin my hair this time, I swear to God I'll break up with you,” Shraddha threatened.

“Oh God! It's not even been five minutes that we confessed and she's already threatening me!” Varun said dramatically, making Shraddha chuckle again.

★★★

A/N - This is probably the last One Shot, after this I'll put the Completed mark on this. It's been so long since I have written and so hard for me to keep up w all the books so...

Anyways, thank you for all the love you have showered on this <3 I appreciate each and every one of you ilyy

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐏𝐲𝐚𝐚𝐫 𝐃𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐧 | 𝐕𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐚 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 ✓ 🎉