Chapter 4

The day went by awfully slow. Every time I walked by Niall and Harry, one of them would push me into a wall or locker. Harry was a massive jerk when he got around Niall, and frankly I couldn't stand either of them.
It was finally 3:00pm, which meant I finally got to go home. Then I remembered, my dad said not to come home. Great.
I made my way to my locker and threw my books in it, but before I could turn around I felt someone behind me, probably Louis. But he was way too close, and late for work. Then, he spoke in a deep voice.
"No tutoring today?" I was furious. I turned around to face the too close Harry.
"Are you kidding me? After you dissed me like that infront of the entire school? I don't think so!" I turned to walk away but only to get grabbed by the wrist by him.
"Okay, yes I admit that was wrong, but I don't want rumors getting started."
I folded my arms. "Rumors about what? And by who?"
He exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair. "Niall, he'll claim I like you to the whole school if he knows I'm secretly hanging out with you. He knows about the tutoring and that's it."
I nodded. "I understand." I felt a tear brim my eye as I turned to walk away.
"No. Kaye. It's not like that," He shouted towards me.
I turned around and walked back over to him. "Oh, then how is it Harry Styles?"
He had trouble gathering his words and looked around nervously.
I rolled my eyes. "Exactly."
I made my way out of school and walked down the block to the local park. There was no free bench so I made myself comfortable against a tree. I sat there staring at my phone, scrolling through my Twitter feed, as I heard foot steps approaching me. They were Harry's boots.
I looked up at him. "What do you want?"
He sat down next to me. "To talk. And to apologize."
I took my headphones out and looked him directly in the eyes. "I'm listening."
He exhaled. "I'm sorry that I've been acting like two different people lately, I'm a lot more of a dick when I'm with Niall, because that's just how we've always been together."
I scoffed. "You call that an apology?"
He got frustrated. "I'm trying, okay?"
I nodded, "Continue."
He put his fingers to his mouth, showing his rings off. His eyebrows were furrowed and he was staring down at the ground. "I don't like to hurt people, Kaye."
I nodded. "Right, that's why you're the school bully."
He rolled his eyes. "You're way to difficult to even talk to."
I smiled. "I'm a girl, what do you expect?"
He chuckled. "I'm starving, let's go to mine and I'll order some pizza so we can finish this discussion."
I raised my eyebrows. "You want me at your house?"
He smiled. "Yeah, and don't worry, we'll be alone. I live alone."
I bit my lip nervously. "Great."
I got in Harry's car and he drove wrecklessly down the highway to his home. He pulled into his driveway.
"Are you nervous to be at my house?"
I scoffed. "You don't make me nervous, Harry Styles."
He raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure about that?" He wore a stupid smirk.
I nodded and swallowed the lump that was in my throat. "I am."
He stared into my eyes for the longest time before a smile spread across his face. "I do. I make you nervous."
I gave him a strange look. "What?"
He opened his door before stepping out. "I can see it in your eyes, Kaye. I make you unbelievably nervous."
I rolled my eyes before getting out of his car. "Whatever."
I walked into his house just after him and to my surprise it was clean, like really clean. I followed him upstairs.
"Here's the kitchen, there's the bathroom, here's my room, the guest room, and down there is another guest room," He pointed to six different places.
I nodded my head. "Our house has a similar set up."
He smiled. "Yeah, they do."
He led us into the kitchen and walked over to the fridge.
I sat at the island as he poured us a drink.
I looked up at him sheepishly. "So, who is the real Harry Styles?"
He looked out the window that was above the sink. "No one knows."
I bit my lip. "I bet I do."
He scoffed. "Now I highly doubt that."
I shook my head. "I don't."
He stared at me intently for a brief second. "Go on, tell me."
I stared at his arms, he had tattoos. Lots of them.  "I feel like this, all of this is just an image, a cover up if you will." I pointed to his clothes and hair and tattoos.
He folded his arms. "Continue."
"I feel like you're inscure about yourself so you bring others down just to make yourself feel better, you pretend things don't bother you when really they do, and you act like a complete dick around Niall just to impress him, when really in like five years he'll not even remember your name."
He stood across the bar, staring at me very intently. He chewed on a toothpick and his eyes had gone dark.
He continued to stare at me with an aggressive stare even after the doorbell had rang twice. He stared at me for a good five minutes before walking away silently. He came back up the stairs with the pizzas and sat them on the bar next to us, he resumed to stare at me with that dark look, but this time it was nowhere near as dark as it was before. I couldn't take it any more.
"What?"
He shrugged. "How did you know all of that?"
I smiled. "I'm a genius."
"You're a nerd."
I held my hands up. "If you're going to bully me here too, I might as well leave."
His jaw fell open. "I wasn't bullying you."
I stared him in the eyes as he did to me, but I failed miserably.
He chuckled and handed me a slice of pizza. "You've really got to work on your evil looks."
I shrugged. "I'm not evil, so I don't give evil looks. I give dirty looks."
Harry's eyes widened. "So, you're dirty?"
I felt my cheeks burn with red. "No, I am very much clean."
He couldn't hide his smile. "I make you so nervous. Why?"
I sat my pizza down. "Oh, I'm just in the house of my bully, yet I'm totally cool with it."
He shrugged his shoulders. "Why do you get so butt hurt over words that won't mean anything in a few years?"
I looked up at him. "Why do you say them if they mean nothing?"
He inhaled deeply. "It's just what I do."
We finished two of the three boxes of pizza off before going to his room, which was awfully messy. I looked around at the rubbish on the ground.
"Harry, you need to clean."
He looked at the mess. "Yeah, I know."
He patted a spot on his bed. "Sit."
I made my way over to his bed and sat next to him.
He smiled over at me. "You wanted to finish our little talk?"
I bit my lip. "Yeah."
He smiled. "Well, I'll tell you just a small piece of the truth, but I swear if you ever tell anybody I'll probably kill you."
I believed him. "I wouldn't tell other people's secrets, it's for them to tell. I'm just here to listen."
He smiled. "Well, I've not always been a bully. At my old school I was just like you. I wore my hair slicked back, I wore sweater vests and I wore big square glasses, I talked with a weird accent and I got bullied."
I nodded letting him know that I understood.
"Then, when I moved out here I told myself this was going to be different, so I pretended to fail all my classes, I caused trouble, then I ran into Niall one day in the office and we just became mates." He exhaled and looked out the window before putting his fingers on both eyes. "I'm sorry, it just feels so good to finally let it all out."
I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled. "I'll always be here to listen, Harry."
He smiled and looked at me with wet, twinkling eyes. He didn't have to say anything, I understood completely.
We sat there in silence for a few moments before he broke the ice. "So?"
I smiled awkwardly. "So."
He chuckled. "You're such a nerd."
I elbowed his side. "I'm not the only one."
His facial expression turned serious then I realized it was a touchy subject.
"I'm sorry, I didn't realized it still bothered you like that."
He shrugged. "It's my life, why should it?"
I bit my lip as I was taking a risk telling him this. "I'm unhappy with my life, because I get bullied by jerks at school."
He put his fingers to his mouth. "I'm sorry," He muttered.
I stared at my hands. "I'm not going to say it's okay, because it isn't. But if you want to be happy with your life, then I suggest you come clean and fast. Every day is a blessing, don't let them slip through your fingers."
He nodded then looked at his phone. "Niall's coming over."
I stood up. "That must be my que to leave then."
He smiled a small smile. "I mean you could stay but then you'd be surrounded by your worst enemies."
I smiled. "I've got to get home anyway."
He stood tall infront of me, he was looking down at me as I was staring up at him, our faces only inches apart. I got weak in the knees and turned around quickly. "Bye." I squeezed my eyes shut as I walked out of his room and down the stairs. He stood in the same position with a smile on his face.

I finally got home, but only to hear my parents fighting. I walked in the front door, seeing my little sister on the couch crying and my mum and dad yelling like mad at each other. I threw my bag on the stairs and went over to pick my baby sister up, I held her in my arms as I stared daggers at my parents. I walked out of my house and walked her down to the park, her favourite place.
The park was filled with little kids as we got there. I looked around and spotted Louis leaving his job. I walked over to him.
"Hey Lou."
He smiled big when he seen me. "Hey!" He smiled even bigger when he seen me holding my six year old sister. "Shay!"
I giggled and handed her over to 'Uncle Louis.'
He studied my face for a minute. "Is everything okay?"
I smiled. "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"
He nodded for me to get in his car. He sat in the drivers seat with my sister straddling his lap and playing with his hair. He placed his hand on my knee, "You're not okay."
I smiled. "I think that's what every sane person tells me."
He chuckled and patted his stomach. "Talk to Uncle Louis."
I couldn't help but laugh. "You're so weird."
Shay was singing a kids tune and playing with Louis' suspenders. He loved her to death, he never got to have siblings. He looked over at me. "Hey listen, I know something you don't."
I pinched my eyebrows together. "Like what?"
He exhaled and looked down at Shay. "Um, well, your mum has been shagging a different lad."
My eyes widened. "My mum?"
He nodded. "Yeah."
I felt hot tears boil up in my eyes. "How do you know?"
He exhaled. "The lad came in to buy c-o-n-d-o-m-s and I seen who he was with and it was your mum." Shay looked up at him and smiled. "You're cute."
Louis laughed and pecked her nose. "So are you."
I bit my lip nervously. "Do you know who he was?"
He shook his head. "He was Irish and that's all I can say about him."
I put my head in my hands and felt my phone vibrate.
"Speaking of them," I looked over at Louis. "They want me to get home."
He put his hand on my shoulder. "Want me to drive you?"
I smiled and shook the tears away. "No, but thanks, for everything."
He smiled. "Anytime, love."
I grabbed Shay and got out of Louis' car. I made my way down the sidewalk, only to run into Harry. He smiled as he seen me.
"Hey."
I sniffed back the tears. "Hi."
"Are you alright?"
I smiled and nodded. "Yeah."
He looked at Shay. "You have a kid?"
I giggled. "No, I don't even have a boyfriend."
He gave me an assuring look. "You don't have to have a boyfriend to fu- I mean shag someone."
I rolled my eyes and laughed. "True."
He put a warming hand on my lower back. "Want me to walk you home?"
I smiled. "That's nice of you, but I'm sure you have Niall to attend to."
He shook his head. "No, he had to leave. His new dad called him home."
I set Shay to her feet and grabbed her hand. "His new dad?"
He ran his fingers through his hair. "Well, it's his dad, but he just came back into his life a few months ago."
Shay jumped up and down as we walked down the sidewalk as a threesome. "Hold me sissy!"
I shook my head. "No, my back hurts."
She just wouldn't stop. "Hold me!"
Harry smiled down at her. "I'll hold you, sweetheart."
She smiled as he took her into his muscular, inked up arms.
I looked over at him. "You don't have to carry her."
He shook his head. "I love kids."
I raised my eyebrows. "You love kids?"
He nodded. "Yeah. I just love them."
I giggled. "That's cute."
He elbowed me. "Shuddup."
We walked down the road that lead to my house. As we walked, our arms swung back and fourth, mine and Harry's hands hitting accidently each time we took a step. He smiled over at me, his dimple showing. I smiled back up at him as I licked my lips. He stopped at the end of my driveway.
"I need you to tell me the truth about something."
I smiled. "Yeah, sure."
He looked down at the ground and shifted his weight to his other foot. "Do you think I look like a total douch in these clothes."
I smiled. "Not a total douche."
He chuckled. "Ah ha, funny."
He walked me up to  my front door and heard my parents yelling. "Call me if you need anything." He walked off before realizing he still had Shay in his arms.
"Um, Harry."
He turned around, "Yeah?"
I pointed to Shay. "I need my little sister back."
He laughed and handed her over to me. "Yeah, you do don't you?"
I giggled. "Kinda."
I walked into my living room to see my parents opposite from each other on the couch, and on the other couch, and Irishman and his son, my worst nightmare, Niall Horan.

Edited: 13 May 2016