Chapter Thirty Eight : Consoling Consequences

Start from the beginning

Amy protested, "No! He left for a second! He wanted to surprise me with something!"

Tails said, "And surprise, surprise, he's gone. Sounds like something Sonic would do."

She suddenly yelled, startling us, "You're not listening!! I think he got into a fight and was taken somewhere!!"

Tails held his one ear, the one she screamed into, and said, "Okay, okay. I'll send over the Chaotix. They'll help you find him."

"You should be down here too!" She scolded.

Tails wasn't amused, nor fazed, "I'm busy! I'm working with Rotor on that weapon so we can prevent this from happening again! I only had to stop to run a few scans on Cosmo."

Amy scoffed, "Of course you stopped for her."

Tails took offense. He snapped, "Listen here! If you find some real evidence, I'll make sure every Freedom Fighter in the capital is down there! So why don't you start looking!"

He hung up before Amy could say anything. Tails paused, "I shouldn't have said that..."

I winced, nodding.

"I think you need sleep," I told him.

"Yeah... that's a good idea..." He sighed.

Third Person's POV

They snuck in through the backdoor.

Myles poked his head into the living room. Silver was reading, and Sonic was still fast asleep. No sign of Valorie or Rose. He gave Charlie and Connie a thumbs up. All three went through the backdoor again to come through the front.

Myles said, "We're back."

Silver looked up from his book, and smiled, "That was quick."

"It was a half day," Myles said, throwing his backpack down. Silver noticed Connie's red face, to the dismay of the two boys.

"What happened? Were you crying?" Silver asked her, kneeling down to her eye level.

Connie adverted her eyes towards the floor. Myles and Charlie peeked over Silver. Cass, Chocola, and Shadow snuck into the living room, and headed towards the stairs. They needed a little more time. At that moment, Connie saw Chocola out of the corner of her eye, and started crying again. The trio used the distraction to their advantage, and made their way upstairs quickly.

"Oh no no no!" Silver consoled, picking up Connie in his arms. He rocked her a little. "Ssh, ssh, it's okay, it's alright. The school day's over. You don't have to cry anymore."

Silver glanced at the two boys, mouthing, "What happened?"

They shrugged, feigning ignorance. Charlie offered, "Why don't we bring her upstairs? Myles and I are going up there anyways, to start our homework. The two of us can tuck her into bed while we're up there."

Myles wanted to kick Charlie but didn't. Silver offered to take her up himself, but Connie protested through her tears, "No! Please, I want to go with them!"

"O-Okay," Silver said, putting her down. He was puzzled but didn't want her to get more upset. Connie took Charlie's hand, and the six-year-olds went upstairs.

Myles followed, "I should probably go with them. Y'know?"

Silver said, "Yeah, if-if you need help, at all, just call me. Alright?"