january 21

it was about 11:30 pm when charlotte showed up outside the theater. she spotted ashton and all his friends; michael, calum, calum's girlfriend arabella, and luke. they we're all leaning against the wall, except for luke, who was bent over leaning into a car with overly-tinted windows. she saw luke pull out a big wad of rolled up cash and hand it to the driver of the car. he received a white paper bag and the car drove off.

"hey babe," ashton stood up and wrapped his arms around charlotte's waist, "we were just about to, um," he trailed off.

"smoke maryjane," charlotte mumbled, "get super high. i know." she wasn't proud that her boyfriend was addicted to drugs, but she let him do it anyways, it wasn't her place to tell him to stop doing something he loved.

"who's that?" michael asked, rolling his head forward then tilted it up, causing himself to laugh. he must have already been stoned.

before ashton could answer, luke held up a ziplock bag, "guys look i got some really good-- wait who's that?" luke said, looking at charlotte.

"damn did none of you listen to me when i said i was going to invite my girlfriend this time," ashton groaned, obviously irritated, "her name is charlotte."

charlotte's eyes carefully trailed up luke's body, stopping at his eyes, which in this dark lighting, looked dark ocean blue.

she hadn't noticed that she was staring at the taller boy, but he did, and shot her a smirk. she blinked a couple times and blushed lightly.

"hey," her voice cracked, making luke snort.

"wow," luke made his way next to michael and slid down the wall, sitting down, "well if she turns us into the police, it's your fault."

"he's a little bit of an asshole, i'm sorry," ashton whispered to charlotte, and sat down next to calum, charlotte sitting down next to him.

luke glanced over at charlotte, "before we go on, let me just say that you, charlotte, must be wearing your brothers clothes or something."

"what the fuck is up your ass?" charlotte shut her eyes out of frustration and brought her fingers up to her temple, pressing it gently.

ashton wrapped his arm around charlotte's shoulder and leaned closer to her, "char, relax. i love you."

luke passed down the bag of marijuana and pulled out his lighter, lighting his own joint, and passing his lighter down as well.

"want one?" ashton offered her but she declined.

there were reasons why charlotte never got high; the first, obviously, was that it was illegal. the second being that it had a reverse affect on her. rather than getting all giggly, blushy, and fun, she'd get dismal, she'd cry and spill out everything she was feeling and everything that was bothering her. also, she found the smell absolutely repulsive.

she didn't know why she agreed to hang out with ashton and his drug-addicted friends tonight, she blew off her other friend to act as ashton's wimpy ass girlfriend.

her thoughts were interrupted when she saw a red and blue light coming from the distance.

"guys, shit." calum laughed, using his head to point to the distant light, which was coming closer.

"shit, shit, shit," luke mumbled and stood up, dropped his joint and stepping on it, "let's get out of here."

"yeah man."

"this is good weed what the fuck."

"see you tomorrow." arabella told calum.

they all stood up as well and began sprinting separate ways. ashton and arabella ran straight and calum and michael sneaked down an ally which led to a park on the other side.

luke ran to his car, and charlotte followed after him.

"luke, you're stoned, you can't fucking drive," she said, pushing luke away from getting into the drivers seat.

"but--" luke started, but charlotte cut him off.

"give me the goddamn keys," but instead, she just took the keys from his hand, and got into the drivers seat. luke climbed over the hood of his car and got into the passenger seat.

luke and charlotte slid down in their seats as the police car drove by the car, at probably 6 miles per hour. once the police was a street down, the two sat up.

"do you have any febreeze or anything?" charlotte crinkled her nose, hating the way luke smelled.

"oh yeah, of course. ocean breeze or freshly cut grass?" luke giggled at his own joke.

"asshole." she muttered, turning on the car, and started driving.

a couple minutes after luke's giggling died down, and charlotte was tired of driving in stillness, charlotte asked, "do you have a car radio or do we just have to sit in silence?"

"i'm sure you don't like listening to what i listen to, babygirl." luke smirked slightly.

"try me."

with that, luke plugged his phone into his car, and played miss jackson by panic! at the disco.

"climbing out the back door, didn't leave a mark," charlotte spoke, because she could not sing whatsoever, "no one knows it's you miss jackson, found another victim, but no one's gonna find miss jackson, jackson, jackson."

she sang the enitre song, word for word.

"whoa, whoa, whoa, are you bullshitting me?" he sounded astounded, his eyes were wide and his mouth was partly open.

she nodded, making a right turn, pulling onto her street.

"i'm so sorry for being an asshole, charlotte." luke ran his fingers through his hair, "you know, i don't mean to be that rude."

charlotte parked luke's car in front of her house, "as much as i hate to keep talking to you or looking at you, i can't have you drive home partically high, so you're sleeping at my house. not in my bed."

"damn, i was just about to ask that," he softly put his hand on her thigh, "and thank you."

charlotte was about to punch luke in the throat, but he quickly moved his hand up to the keys and pulled them out.

"we have to be really quiet, my parent's are asleep," charlotte whispered while opening her front door as carefully as possible.

the house alarm went off as soon as they both stepped inside. charlotte quickly grabbed luke's arm and pulled him upstairs, dragging him into her bedroom.

she pushed him onto her bed, "stay here, be quiet."

charlotte went outside her room, being immediately greeted with a lecture by her parents. they told her it was too late for her to be out, and that she smelled of weed.

"but i swear i didn't smoke anything," she pleaded, knowing that her parents wouldn't ever believe her.

a few minutes after, she went back into her room, and saw luke passed out on her bed-- half of his long body was hanging off.

charlotte knew she would struggle with trying to move the taller boy, so instead, she flopped down next to luke, and fell asleep within seconds.

//

a/n okay so i promise the chapters wont be this long again !!