And with that, Y/N broke her gaze and walked off, she heard a faint and familiar laugh echo behind her as she kept walking on. How long had she even been standing there in front of the Parlor? Had someone seen her there, just staring into the glass, they would've thought she was probably a crazy drunk trying to read the sign. Y/N walked on for another half hour, partially regretting her decision to keep walking instead of speaking to the Undertaker. 

Waring: Attempted Rape, degradation, prostitution and blood mentioned in the following paragraphs! 

On her way back to the Pub Y/N walked along the opposite side of the street and was deep in thought before she heard something shuffling and whimpering in the alley way. Y/N slowly gripped her blades tighter as she crept up to the opening where the sound was coming from, hoping it was just some stray cat or something. It wasn't. It was her first criminal who needed to be punished. There was a man who looked like he actually had a good bit of cash trying to undress a woman with red nails. "A working woman," Y/N realized this must've been one of the bitchy Johns that Alice had mentioned earlier, the woman had probably been on the way home when this guy wanted some but she said no. "Please," cried the woman, "I said I was done for today, I've got to go home!" The John just laughed and continued to feel her up.

"Didn't you hear her, asshole?" Y/N said with such confidence she even shocked herself. The man turned around at the speed of light to find Y/N. Even if she looked like a man to him she was much smaller, the man wasn't exactly small and well built himself. "She said she was done for the day and has to go home, so let her go."

"What're you gonna do about it, skinny?" mocked the fat man.

"That depends entirely on what you do next, my friend. You can let her go and I'll let you off on a warning," Y/N mused before she slowly brought both of her knives into clear view of the man, "Or I can gut you like the fat pig you are here and now and the Yard can have a time figuring out what you used to be, because they won't be able to tell once I'm done with you." The man faltered when he saw that Y/N wasn't joking, whoever she was, she was dead serious. 

"Whatever, go home you dirty whore," the man spat as he yanked her out from behind himself and she tripped before getting onto her feet and running. "Happy, bitch?"

"Delighted," Y/N said coldly as she waited for the man to go to pass her. When he did she gripped one of his arms and pushed him into the wall, "I said you'd get a warning, didn't I?" Y/N slowly dragged one of the blades across his cheek, red blood dripping out of the cut. The letter L was carved into his cheek before she let him go and he shouted back at her for being a crazy sadist or something, Y/N really didn't hear most of it because she noticed the door of the building across the street was cracked open. She could clearly hear the haunting giggling from the store's owner from across the way. If she squinted she probably could've made out a fraction of his silhouette in the door way. Eventually the laughter died down but Y/N didn't break eye contact. There was just silence for what felt like hours before the slightest sound broke it. Had Y/N been standing next to the door she would've heard him clear as day but she had to strain to hear his whisper from across the road. 

"I was really hoping for a late night visit, and you seem like loads of fun," the Undertaker whispered, "Should I be expecting some, unusual, guests in the future?" He laughed as he asked. True, dismemberment was quite unusual but Y/N's threat had been empty for the most part, the most she would've done was stab the bastard. Even though the cutting had seemed like a bit much, she had to prove that she was serious or no one would ever learn. Y/N could feel his gaze piercing through her body, it was like he could see every single one of her cells at work. The Undertaker chuckled one last time before saying, "The day someone doesn't take you seriously will be the day I get to have some real fun, won't it?" He laughed again before slowly closing the door to his Parlor. Y/N knew he was watching her through the door but she only waited a few minutes before walking on, again not saying a single word to the reaper.

"When I threatened the fat guy I was being quiet and talking in a stupidly ridiculous low voice and had the scarf to muffle my voice, he couldn't have heard me and if he did he heard a muffled low voice, not my normal one," Y/N assured herself, but she knew the reaper wasn't stupid and probably could've guessed she was talking in a stupid voice to disguise herself, at least she had also remembered to try and fake an English accent similar to Alice's. "There's no way he can connect me tonight to being a waitress in the Dozy Dog, and I should be worried because he could turn me in, technically what I'm doing is illegal and I could get arrested," Y/N reasoned with herself to calm her nerves, she had just stopped a man from raping a woman and cut him, that was all that was making her nervous, "Sure, Y/N, sure darling," said the voice in the back her mind. She swallowed nervously before she walked farther down the street on her patrol.

Not much more than the fat man happened on her first patrol, only a few rowdy drunks bothered her asking for directions to a pub before one of them passed out and the others began laughing hysterically which gave her an opportunity to run. Y/N used the back entrance that Alice had shown her earlier to get back into the pub before taking her scarf off and running the knife she had used to cut the asshole from earlier under some water to get the blood off. The sun had began to rise and Y/N wanted to get a few hours of sleep before going back to waiting tables for Alice. When she got up to her room Y/N wrapped the two knives up in her scarf and hid them in the closet under the dress that was considered her new 'uniform' and the nightgown Alice had bought her with some of the tips they had gotten from today's work. Y/N made sure to lock the door and place the 'Occupied' sign on the doorknob outside the room. Slowly she undressed and slipped on the night gown before feeling the pure exhaustion catch up to her as she crashed down onto the bed. She was asleep before she even pulled the blanket over herself.

Y/N heard birds singing, "What a strange thing to hear in London," she sleepily thought, why hadn't Alice woken her up yet? She felt too well rested to have been asleep for just a few hours. Y/N rubbed her eyes before opening them, feeling covers wrapped around herself, "That's odd, I don't remember pulling on the covers," That's when she noticed that she wasn't wrapped up in the red blanket from the pub's bed. 

Y/N bolted up and took in her surroundings, almost having a panic attack, she was back in her room! She was back home!