002 A WALKING CHARM

╭───── (🌙) CHAPTER TWO; A WALKING CHARM

THE FOUR LEAF CLOVER GIRL sat in her classroom reading the new book she recently picked out from the library, she was already halfway through the book, indulged in every page that was turned while her classmates around her (except Saiki) talked about romance, a passionate word that would slip off a tongue. The romance was seen differently by every person in the class and of course, Saiki knew people's true feelings.

"Wait, Minako said yes?" a loud voice shouted out.

"Keep it down!" a more hushed voice replied making Saiki roll his eyes, It's like cupid shot everyone in my class. I don't get love at all. 

He looks over to the blue-haired goddess, he knows every guy in the school, scrap that any guy in the world is obsessed with her. He could hear her friends asking her if she had a boyfriend yet and her reply would always be "I think it's a bit too early for that." as she stands there doing her cute little fake pose as she glowed. Although she may seem like a sweetheart, Saiki knew the true disgusting personality lurking behind that persona.

He mentally rolls his eyes and turns away from her Anyway, that's why I doubt that I'll ever fall in love with anyone. He then looks over at Keiko who sat alone reading her book, Although Mochizuki may not show it, she's a sucker for romance, I've seen the romance mangas she buys and the way she lovingly sighs at couples who walk past her on the street. Yet, whenever someone would ask her out, she'd always reject.

Saiki thought back to a time when one boy tried asking Keiko out, he saw the boy walk up in front of her, handing her a box of chocolates and blushing uncontrollably, he cleared his throat making Keiko look up "U-Uh Mochizuki, I-I've wanted to tell you for a while now, that I-I've feelings for you... Please accept these chocolates!" he rushed towards the end.

Keiko blinked from surprise for a few moments before smiling sympathetically "I'm sorry, but it would be unfair to accept the chocolates as I don't share the same feelings Makoto." she told the boy, Saiki knew why 'I want to feel a connection with that person before I accept their feelings' she thought while looking away from the boy who started to blush from the embarrassment of rejection.

Saiki tunes back into the present, noticing a certain ginger girl with a pink headband staring at the side of his head.

————————————

Keiko was not close friends with Yumehara but she would always notice the hopeless romantic staring at Saiki, she thought it was cute however she would always notice whenever the ginger tried approaching the strawberry-haired boy, he would always flee, Keiko instantly knew he did not share the same feelings. Although she doesn't know Saiki well, he never really seemed to show emotions, why would he run away from his 'crush' with the most stoic face ever?

The green head sighed and walked into her empty classroom only to see Yumehara lying face flat on her desk, the girl frowned and sat down on the desk in front of her and turned around, she poked the top of her head as she softly said "Yumehara."

The girl lifted her head, revealing her puffy red eyes, she wiped her runny nose with her sleeve and sat up "Mochizuki? I-I'm sorry you need to see me like this." she said turning away and wiping her eyes.

"Is everything okay Yumehara? Did something bad happen?" Yumehara looked conflicted for a second before sighing and turning to face Keiko again.

"Please don't tell anyone b-but, I have feelings for Saiki... and I'm afraid he doesn't return the same feelings..." she sobbed.

Keiko placed a hand over hers and gave the girl a soft smile "Yumehara... If Saiki doesn't return the feelings then that's his loss, and if he doesn't then respect his feelings and move on. There are other fish in the sea and you've still got a whole life ahead of you, don't let one boy bring you down."

Yumehara gave a small sniff and gave a tiny smile in return "Maybe your right... All the times I tried grabbing his attention it feels like he's trying to get away from me, maybe I should forget about it."

Little did the two girls know that the boy of the subject was standing behind the wall outside the classroom, his lips twitched up slightly, Maybe having Mochizuki around is lucky for not only her but for people around her. He peeped his head into the classroom looking at the bag of the lucky girl's head before turning away again now noticing that the two girls' friendship had increased greatly.

————————————

The lucky charm was on her way home from school when the energetic redhead, Hairo approached her jogging on the spot, his sleeves were rolled up showing his large muscles that scattered across his arms, he had a white plaster across his nose and his fiery hair was spiky. "Good afternoon Mochizuki! It's a lovely afternoon to go out for a long run! Don't you think?" he asked letting out heavy breathes in between.

She shrugged her arms "I couldn't say Hairo, I don't usually go out for runs as much as you do." before smiling.

He slapped an arm over her shoulder pulling her closer "Why don't we both go out on a run together, a running partner sounds fun." he said giving her a wide smile.

"Oh, well I don't see why not. Could I maybe go home first a change into something more appropriate for running?" she asked.

"Of course!"

After Keiko got home and changed, she was ready to go out for a run with Hairo, they planned to go for a run around the street, the girl couldn't understand how this boy had so much energy in him, so far she didn't feel out of breath and it felt quite refreshing to go out for a run.

"Wow, we've already done 2,000 steps already Mochizuki, I say about 10,000 more and we should be done for the day!" he announced enthusiastically, they were both running across the bridge making Hairo stop and jump on top of the railings taking in the fresh air as he spread his arms out.

"H-Hairo, please be careful you might fall."

"Don't worry Mochizuki, I do this every run. Ahhh~ Take in that fresh air!" Hairo replied, he didn't realize that an incoming pigeon zoomed his way, crashing into the back of his head. He let out a dramatic screech, losing his balance and now falling forwards.

"Oh my god!" Keiko cried, running forwards and grabbing the hem of his shorts just before he could fall head first, he was now leaning against the opposite side of the railing. His shorts slipped down now revealing his bright butt-cheeks, he let out another scream as Keiko cringed now attempting to pull him back up without looking at his exposed area.

She helped pull him back up and he was now back on the other side of the railing, he placed a hand over his chest as he let dramatic tears fall from his eyes "Mochizuki... You saved my life! You're like a good luck charm! I would've been a gonna if it wasn't for you!" he carried on crying as Keiko awkwardly stood there.

"Uh, you're welc-"

"My dear Mochizuki, because of what you did, this has increased our friendship to the max! From now on call me Kinekshi!" he said, now placing a heavy arm over a shoulder.

"Oh! Well, then I guess you can call me Keiko from now on as well."