- Six Years Later, 12:00 AM -

I didn’t check the main room of the building after closing. That was my first mistake. But who could blame me? The job was really stressful. You’re always on your toes and if you don’t use the bathroom before your shift, you’ll most likely pee yourself.

I should’ve checked the security cameras before heading to the bathroom in the gas station next door. Yeah, I had a problem with using the facility’s bathrooms. So what?

The phone rang as I started looking at the camera feed. I quickly hit the record button on my handheld tape recorder. The answering machine caught it as always, but this time, the familiar man didn’t speak a word. All I heard was static. That was pretty odd.

That was when I switched the security footage to the main room and saw that I wasn’t alone. “Oh damn,” I cursed. An employee was still working, her curly hair in her face as she was cleaning the long tables. Why the heck was she still here? Closing was at ten, and day employees faced instant job termination if they stayed past eleven. It’s the manager’s fault. Shouldn’t he stay for closing to make sure things like this don’t happen?

It didn’t matter. What mattered was getting her the hell out of the room.

I got up from my chair so fast that I knocked it over. Heading out the door on my right, I sprinted down the hallway. This whole situation felt so strange. Usually, I’m sprinting in the opposite direction.

"What're you still doing here?” I yelled at her, causing her to jump and drop the party hat that she was holding. “It's past closing time!"

"I know but I was just reorganizing all of the..."

"We've gotta get to the back! You should have left an hour ago.” The girl named Christine, according to her name tag, reached down to pick up the hat, but I had already kicked it out of her reach. “Now you can't leave until morning."

"What do you mean?” The girl looked defiantly at me, putting a hand on her hip. “I can leave whenever..." A loud breath caught her attention. She glanced sideways and did a double take. A shiver ran down my spine, leaving my stomach feeling ice cold.  Bonnie stepped off the stage, his bright purple features becoming dark and distorted when he moved away from the spotlight.  

"Go to the security office," I told her. Firmly grasping her upper arm, I directed her to head down the other hallway. My eyes were glued to Bonnie, but he didn’t seem to notice us. Either that or he was taking his sweet time to see to our demise. The lights all turned off. I heard Christine give a small whimper. Only two emergency lights remained on, dimly lighting the main room.

"What's going on?" she asked in a panicked voice. A metallic sound could be heard pounding on the hardwood floors to our left, growing louder and louder. It could only mean one thing.

"Run to the back," I tore my eyes away from Bonnie, shoving Christine towards the hallway that led to the security office. "Now!"

Thank God Christine knew what was good for her. She took off down the hallway that led to the security office. Sprinting at her heels, I wheeled around to keep an eye on the animatronics. Bonnie was looking straight at me. The metal-on-wood sound grew louder, and finally Foxy appeared. He was hurtling down a row of arcade games, headed straight for us with a maniacal smile on his mangled snout.  

Christine must have looked over her shoulder because she let out a blood curdling scream. “Keep going!” I screamed, but for no reason. Instead of stopping out of shock, to my lovely surprise, Christine ran faster. My small spark of hope given by our quickened pace quickly went out. Foxy was three times as quick. He had already made it to the mouth of the hallway, and the hallway wasn’t very long. He would be on top of us in a matter of milliseconds.

With not an ounce of time to spare, Christine tumbled into the security office. Literally. She toppled over the legs of the overturned chair. Grabbing the door frame, I made a hard left into the security office. I punched the “close” button, the door mechanism whirring and sealing the entrance an instant before Foxy could reach it. We heard metal crunch as he hit the door at full speed. Silence would have ensued if Christine and I weren’t breathing so hard. My heartbeat thumped in my ears and I swear I could also hear her’s.

“Foxy!” She exclaimed, her voice barely more than a whisper. “He… he can move! He’s supposed… to be out… out of order.”

“Damn right he can move. They can all move,” I answered. I helped her up and then righted the chair. I almost forgot to reopen the door. Christine just about had a heart attack.

“Don’t!” She pulled my arm away. “I need to call my parents and let them know where I am.”

“You can’t do that,” I told her tersely.

“There’s a phone right there.” I brought my arm up as a barrier, blocking her way. “Just let me use it! They have to know where I am!” She slapped both hands onto my forearm, making my arm drop slightly.

“There’s not a lot of power to go around here at night,” I said through closed teeth as I wrestled her away from the desk. “Listen for a moment. Listen!” She stopped for a moment and looked at me instead of the phone. “Do you want to call your parents and say good bye, or do you want to live to see them again?” That got her attention. “You’re forgetting that this is my job. I'm Elliot, and I'm the night guard. Welcome to Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza after dark.” She didn’t protest when the door slid back up into the ceiling, although she looked positively petrified. “Why don’t you take a seat while I explain?”