THRITY. (for whatever happens)

Start from the beginning

    "Okay well, you know what, I didn't do that!" JJ shouted, standing up to reveal the many large bruises scattered on his torso. I let a gasp out of my mouth as I looked at him, tears welling up in my eyes.

    "I got a hot tub for my friends, I got a hot tub for my friends. you know what? No, you know what? Screw friends, I got a hot tub for my family. I got this for you. Guys look what I did for you! All right? Look at this! Look at this!" He let out, my heart breaking as I watched him.

    "JJ" I choked out.

    "No, you stop being emotional. It's fine, okay? I mean it's sweet, right?" He began saying, but I walked toward him, ignoring the fact I was still wearing clothes and climbed into the hot tub, pulling JJ into a hug immediately.

    As soon as I did he curled into my arms, sobbing. I cried as I held him, the sight of the boy shattering my heart. Kiara got into the hot tub too, moving towards us and joining the hug too.

    "I just couldn't do it" JJ let out, wrapping his arms tighter around me. "I can't take him anymore!" He cried out. "I was gonna kill him" I closed my eyes, holding him as tightly as I could.

    Pope walked over, not getting into the hot tub but wrapping his arms around the three of us. "I just wanna do the right thing" JJ let out. "I know, I know" Kiara cried, the four of us standing there hugging for a while longer.

    When I woke up it took me a second to remember the night before. I had spent the night at the Chateau with JJ, Pope and Kiara. I was laying on the pull-out couch, Kiara next to me. As I sat up I could hear Pope working outside.

    "You ever get any sleep?" I asked as I walked down the steps towards him. "Nah, gotta do everything for you lazy ones" He joked.

    "Oh really, I see how it is," I said with a laugh, sitting down on one of the chairs. "so, where'd you and John B take off to yesterday?" He asked curiously, his eyes still focused on what he was doing.

    "top secret," I said, and watched as he laughed. "So how complicated are things going to get?" He asked, looking back at me.

     "Hopefully they won't" I answered, making eye contact with the boy. "so, you really like him huh?" He asked and I scoffed. "shut up" My words made him laugh.

    "Oh come on, I'm right you know" He called to me as I playfully rolled my eyes and walked back into the house. Kiara still sleeping on the couch.

    I made my way toward the room that JJ was sleeping in. I placed a few light knocks on the door and waited. After a second or two the door handle twisted and the door opened.

    "Morning sweetheart" He let out, moving past me. "you wanna let me clean those up?" I asked, following behind him.

    I watched as he let out a sigh before turning. "yeah, okay" He said and the two of us made our way to the bathroom. "we don't have to talk about it" I started, sitting on the bathroom counter as I opened the bottle of rubbing alcohol.

    "I wanted to show him I could get the money on my own, maybe make him proud but he wanted to spend the money on his things and, god I hate it!" He let out, slamming his fist on the counter. I grabbed his hand before I poured the rubbing alcohol onto a pad.

    "I almost killed him Elle" He shut his eyes, taking a shaky breath. "you're okay now, I promise" I assured him and I laid my hand over his. "Thank you," He said, moving so I could jump off the counter.

    Neither of us said anything about our moment in the bathroom and we headed outside. JJ tossed me a beer from the cooler and he sat on the edge of the hot tub, the spot next to him being filled by me.