Chapter 4-2: The Rooster Group Plan

Start from the beginning

"What I'm trying to say is that there is a time in everyone's lives when they get lucky once and manage to close the gap a bit. But don't get in over your head because of this one lucky incident. The difference between our class points is still a tremendous one." Katsuragi told her.

I see, it seemed he's saying the results of one test won't affect the standings of the classes all that much. Of course, Horikita surely knows that as well.

The difference between Class A and Class E remained as over 700 class points – it was not an easily surmountable gap.

The amethyst-eyed boy standing beside me finally decided to interject his opinion into the conversation.

"Oh my, it seems that 40-point-kun is feeling rather self-confident today, huh?"

The two of them looked over to Lelouch's approaching voice, and Horikita let out an "Ugh," as she saw who it was joining them.

"Of all the people..."

"Lelouch."

Katsuragi narrowed his eyes as he spoke that name.

"The one and only. I hope you aren't getting too cocky, Katsuragi. We'll be overtaking Class A soon enough."

"..."

Katsuragi remained silent, seemingly unable to come up with a rebuttal.

Unlike Class E, who was still 700 points away from Class A, Class D had jumped up to a mere 200 class points behind after the most recent special exam. At this rate, we really would surpass Class A soon.

"And what about you, Lelouch-kun? Aren't you also getting cocky after just one exam? You know, there's also the chance that you just got lucky as well."

"Ah, right, that's true."

The silent Katsuragi agreed with Horikita, who had spoken up on behalf of his argument.

"Hmm? Katsuragi-kun, Horikita-san, Lelouch-kun and Ayanokōji-kun?"

A sweet voice rang out from behind me.

I turned around and was met by two Class D students approaching us – Hirata Yōsuke and Kushida Kikyō.

It seemed that they too were in the same group as Lelouch.

"Hmm, this is a rather astonishing coincidence, isn't it? Just look at how many class representatives are gathered here." Lelouch laughed as Kushida went around greeting each person individually.

"It is rather amazing," agreed Horikita with narrowed eyes.

Katsuragi cleared his throat. "I still believe that we should talk to each other amicably, since we'll be cooperating with each other for the next special exam."

"I agree,"

Yet another new voice appeared in the conversation. Kanzaki Ryūji of Class B, who seemed to be Ichinose's right-hand-man when it came to class affairs. It appeared that he too was in this group.

"Kanzaki-kun too?" Hirata murmured with wide eyes.

"For an exam based around cooperation within groups, arguing won't get us very far, don't you think?" Kanzaki followed up as he joined us.

Kanzaki repeated what was basically the mantra of Class B at this point, filling in for Ichinose's absence.

Speaking of, I couldn't help but be curious as to the reason for why Ichinose was in the 'Rabbit' group, with Sora.

This collection here – all the big figures from every class – was clearly deliberate. So, why was Ichinose left out? There must be a reason...

"I have no interest in cooperating with those that looked down on me just a few days ago," Horikita denied Kanzaki firmly.