Ch. 10 I'm scared, Vicki

Matt, Vicki, and Heaven waved goodbye to Shelia after thanking the older female for blessing the infant with an enchanting necklace. 

The two siblings turned around as they silently walked towards the truck. Vicki opens the back passenger door while Matt carefully installed the baby car seat. 

Vicki walked around the truck, and she carefully gets inside the vehicle from the other back passenger door. She then glanced at Matt, and she worriedly stared at her younger brother since he is looking at Heaven with a mixture of emotions. 

" I'm scared, Vicki," Matt mumbled. 

Vicki worriedly stared at Matt since she needs to remember that her younger brother is fifteen despite being a new father. 

Matt lightly grasped Heaven's hand while tears started to appear in his blue eyes. 

Heaven peacefully sleeps in her baby car seat, unaware that her father is about to cry. 

" Heaven-Heaven is a Witch. That means-That means many people will try to take advantage of her because of her special abilities. I-I don't know if I am capable of protecting her. I-I am only human. Am I-Am I overreacting?" Matt sadly asked Vicki while tears started to fall from his blue eyes. 

Vicki reached her arm out to Matt, and her hand lightly rubs his cheek, causing him to look at her. 

" Hey. Hey. Hey. Breathe in and out," Vicki whispered since she could tell that Matt is starting to get a panic attack. 

Matt begins to breathe in and out while still holding Heaven's tiny hand. 

" I-I don't know what to do, Vicki," Matt sniffed. 

Vicki lovingly brushed Matt's sandy blonde hair with her fingers to help him calm down. 

Matt slowly closed his blue eyes since the sensation faintly reminded him of his mother, Kelly Donovan. Even though his mother was in and out of his life when growing up. He can still remember the way her fingers would brush his hair whenever he got scared at night. 

" I know what we just learned and witnessed was nervewracking. So, it is understandable for you to feel like this. You just found out that you are a father to a baby Witch. 

If I were in your shoes, I would also be freaking out and getting worried since there can be crazy people out there who would want to take advantage of my baby daughter's magical abilities. 

Just remember that you are not alone in all of this. You have Granny Bennett and me," Vicki fondly smiled at Matt. 

Matt reopens his blue eyes, and he intently stared at Vicki's green eyes, which his older sister shares with their mother, Kelly, and his daughter, Heaven. 

" And even though you and I are humans, we can somehow find a way to protect ourselves and Heaven from scary people and monsters," Vicki firmly speaks to Matt. 

Matt raised an eyebrow. 

" Monsters?" Matt responded. 

" Well. Since now, we know that Witches are real. Who to say that Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies are real?" Vicki whispers to Matt. 

Matt amusingly stared at Vicki. 

" You watch too many horror films," Matt jokingly teases Vicki. 

Vicki gently pokes Matt's forehead with her finger. 

" Hey. Our town is called Mystic Falls. The name of this place is already like a horror film. And if I were a monster, I would want to live in a creepy small town like this one," Vicki firmly tells Matt. 

" Can we go to the mall now? I need to buy stuff for Heaven," Matt quickly changes the subject. 

" Yeah. Yeah. Let's get going before it gets too late," Vicki leans back, and she makes herself comfortable while Matt gently removes his hand from Heaven's. 

Matt fondly stared at Heaven and Vicki. He then closed the back passenger door, and he quickly gets inside the truck through the front. 

Vicki turns her gaze to Heaven, and she softly coos when she sees her niece looking comfortable and peaceful in her sleep. 

" I love you so much, Heaven, even though it has been many hours since I have known you. I feel as though I already know you for years," Vicki leans down to Heaven, and she lovingly kissed her niece's forehead. 

Heaven adorably coos in her slumber. 

" I promise you that I will take good care of you and be a good role model for you," Vicki whispers. 

Matt silently stared at the steering wheel, looking and feeling touched that Vicki wants to be a good role model for his daughter. 

' I'm so glad to have Vicki in my life. I don't know what will I do if I was raising Heaven by myself,' Matt sighed in relief. 

Matt grabs his keys, puts them in the ignition, and turns the truck on as he begins to drive. 

Two hours and a half later, the Donovan siblings and Heaven safely arrived at Pentagon City Mall in Arlington, Virginia. 

" It's been a while since I last went to the mall," Vicki tells Matt while looking at the mall from the window. 

" Yeah," Matt nods his head in response. 

Matt rarely goes to the mall since he is either at school or working at the Mystic Grill to pay bills. 

" Let's get going! I cannot wait to shop for Heaven," Vicki excitedly takes her seat belt off as she gets out of the truck. 

Matt amusingly chuckles. 

Matt takes his seat belt off as he gets out of the truck, and he then goes to grab Heaven's baby car seat since he doesn't own a stroller. 

" Remind me to buy a stroller," Matt closed the back passenger door while securely holding Heaven's baby car seat. 

" Will do," Vicki nods her head in response while grabbing Heaven's diaper bag, and she then closed the back passenger door.

" Let's get going. I don't know how long we will be in the mall since I don't even know how much stuff a baby needs," Matt mumbled as he begins to walk towards the mall with Vicki by his side.