So, it worked, and he could do it consistently. Time to put it to practical use.

  ________________

  The first day ended with the class stumbling into the eating area wearily, coming face to face with the amused Pussycats.

  "We only made you dinner yesterday because it was the first day. You have to cook your own meals from now on!" Pixiebob said.

  Most of the class groaned, but Iida scratched his chin thoughtfully.

  "We should consider this as training also! We will need to know how prepare food for civilians and even ourselves while in the field!" The class president said.

  Strangely enough, Shoto was quite a good cook. Izuku was also very good, however Izumi and Ochako couldn't cook to save their own lives. Izuku had to stop Izumi from putting raw chicken into the rice pans. Twice. Shoto's fire also came in really handy.

  By the end of the one off moderatechef episode, the class had some mediocre curry to eat.

  Yayorozu and Sero were discussing the young heiresses quirk, while Kirishima challenged Bakugo to a spice off.

  Izuku noticed Kouta go into the trees without eating anything, so he stood and grabbed another bowl of curry.

  "I'm going to give Kouta some curry, I'll be right back." He told Ochako.

  The one armed boy slipped his smooth green mask on and followed after the small boy, soon coming to a rocky clifftop.

  "Kouta?" He called.

  The boy turned from where he'd been sitting on the edge of the cliff, a scowl on his face.

  "What do you want?" He asked aggressively.

  "I brought you some curry. I noticed you hadn't eaten at dinner, here."

  Izuku set the bowl on the ground beside the boy.

  Kouta just huffed, turning back to the admittedly breathtaking view.

  "It's beautiful up here, isn't it?" Izuku eventually said.

  The smaller boy nodded, a little less annoyed.

  "It's my secret hideout." He said.

  Izuku smiled.

  "It's a cool hideout. Better than any of mine ever were."

  Kouta eyed Izuku's mask curiously.

  "Why do you wear that? Why don't you ever take it off?" He asked.

  Izuku hummed.

  "My face isn't pretty. I was attacked by a villain a year and a half ago, so I wear the mask to stop people from being afraid." He eventually replied.

  The boy snorted.

  "Heroes and villains. You're all just a bunch of idiots. All fighting and killing eachother."

  Izuku nodded.

  "You're right, we are all pretty stupid."

  Kouta glanced at Izuku in surprise.

  "You're not going to say I'm wrong?" He asked hesitantly.

  Izuku laughed.

  "You're completely correct Kouta. Heroes and villains are all a bunch of stupid idiots. But.. I think some heroes, and even some villains are stupid for a reason."

  Izuku turned to Kouta.

  "I want to become a hero to prevent what happened to me from happening to anyone else. I like to hope that justifies being an idiot. Some people are heroes for the sake of it, like some villains are evil because they can. In the end, it doesn't really matter why, just that it is. People do bad things, so we need people to stop them. It doesn't matter if the people who stop them are good or secretly bad, in the end normal people are being kept safe." He said.

  Kouta looked back out at the forest.

  "But you're all just killing eachother. In the end, you're all just stupid killers." He said venously.

  "Your parents..." Izuku began. "They died to protect the people who couldn't protect themselves. The villain, Muscular, he was going to hurt all of those people. Do you think your parents, being the good people they were, could have stood by and watched him kill all those innocents? Would they still be the good people that you loved?"

  Izuku stood, and stepped away.

  "I'm sorry, that got.. personal. Please eat your curry, and come back with the plate."

  Kouta watched the boy leave then looked back at the view, munching on the curry and thinking about what was said.