𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 | 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

Start from the beginning

Mikasa looked up from her lap, her face scrunched up in pain and disbelief.

Something clicked inside of her.

"I was wondering why it would be so quiet on his end," she whispered. "What were you two doing while I was talking to him on the phone?"

"Eren cheated on you with me," Armin blurted out.

Guilt clawed at Armin's heart as he could see Mikasa begin to shake, tears welling up in her eyes.

Armin gulped slowly before speaking up again.

"We were doing things we shouldn't have been doing," he admitted quietly.

"And what about yesterday?" Mikasa asked, anger showing on her face. "When I called him yesterday, he said he was busy. Was he busy with you?"

Armin felt the shame choking him, making it difficult to speak.

His not speaking gave Mikasa the answer she sought.

"I know there's no point in saying this, Mikasa," Armin managed to get out. "But, I'm sorry."

Tears began to stream down his face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. You didn't deserve this, you deserve so much better than us."

"You don't think I know that?!" Mikasa snapped. Armin met her eyes, seeing tears mingle with snot on her beautiful, pale face, her features twisted by Armin's words. "I've known for years that you liked Eren as more than a friend, and I've known for even longer that it was the same for Eren."

She continued to sob, looking down at her hands. "And yet I still stayed in a relationship with him because I just love him so much, I don't know if I can ever let him go. He kept promising me it would only and always be me, you couldn't compare to me, even if he did have those silly feelings for you."

"He kept lying to me!" she cried. "I care about you two so much, so why? Why are you both hurting me so much like this?"

At that instant, the rattle of a doorknob could be heard before the front door creaked open.

"Mikasa! I'm back with the groceries you wanted!" Eren exclaimed.

Armin stiffened as Eren's whistling grew louder, signaling that he was approaching.

Surely enough, Eren's whistling stopped short as he entered the living room. His eyes first landed on a crying Mikasa before shifting to lay on Armin.

His facial expression turned from cheerful to confused, then slowly into anger.

"What the hell are you doing here, Armin?!" he yelled.

Glancing at Mikasa's distraught face, Armin balled up his fists and stood up from the armchair. "I'm here telling her what you didn't!"

Eren and Armin walked menacingly towards each other.

"I know Mikasa in a way that you don't, Armin," Eren spat. "I was planning to tell her, in the proper way and at the proper time, so that she wouldn't be like this!"

"You're a liar, Eren!" Armin shouted in his face. "You're a liar, you wouldn't have ever told her!"

"I was going to tell her, I-- I just didn't know how. How do you even tell someone that you cheated on them?"

"With more truth than you had when you cheated on them?!"

"Why are you shitting on me so much, Armin? You act like you're not just as wrong. You have your own free will, you didn't have to come to my house, you didn't have to kiss me, you didn't have to go out on a date with me as if I don't have a girlfriend."