2 || audrey

I'm surrounded by idiots.

Even though my knowledge on Lion King may seem pretty idiotic to some people, I still stand by my words.

Sure, I'm a bit pretentious and sort myself into the "outcast" group at school, but that doesn't mean I don't get to have an opinion, right? Either way, all I was thinking about right now is how my best friend, the one and only Kennedy Cook, has actually never been to a bookstore.

I asked her, 'Not even a Barnes & Noble?' Nope. 'Not even a public library?' Not even that. Besides the one at school, but that doesn't exactly count because it's only when she has a class is held in there. I don't judge her intelligence off of that because she is a lot more street smart than me and I envy that.

"Next week we go in to go get parking passes for school at 7." Kennedy told me, pulling her long and new dyed brown hair into a ponytail.

"7?" I raised an eyebrow at her as I collected my books in my arms, unsure if she meant AM or PM. I had to know if I was going to cry when I woke up or not.

She gripped onto her steering wheel, "7am." She told me. I groaned as I stood up and pushed my hair back with my free hand.

I thanked her for the ride and shut the door. Since my car that I had just bought with my money I saved up from a year of working many minimum wage jobs had broken down and it needed a brand new engine. That's what I get for purchasing a used car from 2008.

As I was walking towards my house, I glanced up towards my neighbors house, seeing Luke Hemmings oddly peeking through his blinds and staring right now at me. I groaned as I struggled to get my front door open and nearly toppled over with the weight of the things in my arms.

After two years of living by Luke, I've learned some things about him. Like how he's friends with Michael Clifford who drives a really nice car that I wish I could steal and drive to the other side of the country in. That's really it besides the fact that he pushed through his awkward 15 year old stage and it's suiting him quite well if you asked me. Even though I probably wouldn't admit to it because he's annoying and never turns down the music in his room which is right across my bedroom window.

I pushed the door open and practically stumbled inside. I straightened myself up and peered around my house, hearing that no one was home. I knew my brother was off at college and already moved into his dorm, but where my parents were I was unsure of. I didn't really care about this though since it was nice to come home and not have my parents yelling at each other.

I hurried upstairs to my room, which thankfully was the only room on the second floor, and shut my door behind me. I threw the armful of books onto my bed, letting them bounce and create a mess on my bed that I had made this morning. I threw my hair up and loosely tied it on top of my head and went back over to the three books laying on my bed.

There were all under the topic of abnormal psychology, things like supernatural traditions and asylums and things of that sort. To a normal person they would more than likely be terrified of what I'm interested in, but I can't help but be so drawn to it. Ever since the summer into 10th grade, which was two years ago, I had come to the conclusion that my house was haunted, and I'm sure that it still is, and then fell into the deep hole of the weird things of the world.

It was a nice distraction, really. Between music and school and my friends, this was the best and more entertaining distraction from my actual life. People in general, the dumb things they do. You know.

I picked the books up and placed them in a stack on my desk. It sat right next to my window that had been covered with the same curtains since I was 10. I pulled them back in annoyance as I could hear Luke's music.

I sighed and let go of them, pulling out my headphones and plugging them into my computer. It was one of the few nights of summer where I was at my once by myself so I'd be taking advantage of my time and finishing a movie I was definitely not illegally downloading.

I was a little weird, so to speak. I had my close group of friends and that was it. Anyone else I cut off and only spoke to when I had to. I'm sure it made me come off as rude, but I knew that it wasn't intentional.

The only person I have actually been rude to upon first meeting is Ashton Irwin, who is now my "boyfriend, but not really boyfriend, we just like to make out sometimes and talk about the universe" type of friend. If you could call it that. I met him in a grocery store parking lot when he backed into my car I literally had gotten the day before and I wasn't the happiest person about it.

A few hours had passed as well as a few more movies, and I unplugged my headphones and shut my laptop. Just as I did this I could see headlights creeping up on the side of Luke's house and reflecting back into my room as they always did. I sighed and stayed put, pulling one of my books towards me and letting all of my thoughts completely escape my mind.

-

hi!! i wanted to give you a little insight on audrey and her life and how she sees luke and clearly she is not too fond of him i laugh

i know it's a lil boring right now but next chapter they'll actually interact ~amazing~

yay i hope you like this a lil so far!!