Chapter One;

I always found comfort in ideas concerning fiction. I always felt welcomed and loved when watching anime or reading manga. With each anime I watch, I feel more and more at ease with life. With each manga I read, I feel more and more joyed.

I enjoy to see these characters grow and live. I envy their strength and their motivation. I enjoy seeing them grow friendships and exploring unknown parts of life, that I am too petrified to do so myself.

These characters make me feel more alive than any thing else; they taught me so many things that no one else could have taught me. I feel closer to these fictional characters than I do to the outside world. They're all I have, though I'm content with that. They don't hurt me, nor do they pin me pathetic. They make me smile and laugh, instead of cry and weep, they also bring me joy and blithe, not sorrow and misery. They help me when I'm down and fill me with abstract feelings that no one else can give me.

In this world, there is only anime characters and myself. I may be alone in this world, but I lost all concern for that, I lost all concern for keeping in touch with my friends and family, besides my Aunt Red, for I live with her. I lost concern for the outside world in general. The only time I make contact with the outside world is when I confined to seven hours of teachings at school. I go to a private school, called Washington High. I don't necessary like the thought of going to school, but I love to learn. It is a win and loose.

I'm simple for a high school boy. I have navy blue hair, blue eyes, timid, short, and scrawny. I tend to get above average grades, I easily keep a 4.0 average. I grew up naturally intelligent, most likely passed down by my father, who was a diligent man. I don't harbor numerous memories of him, but I remember distinctly him always reading to me and he always knew any question I had. I always looked up to him and admired him dearly.

My mother on the other hand, wasn't intelligent. However, she was a sympathetic woman. That is what I always loved about her. No matter how crucial the circumstances were, she kept a smile plastered upon her beautiful face. I loved my parents more than anything and I always believed we would all be together, living happily, until the very end. Oh, how was I wrong. Terribly wrong.

My parents died in a tragic house fire when I was a young boy. Till this day I am unaware of who did this to them. The only thing I remember is running through the halls, screaming for them. I remember the heat of the flames against my pale skin, I remember the horror I saw. I was too late to save them and I will always take blame for their deaths. I could've saved them, but my legs wouldn't move. I was petrified and only just a child. The only reason I came out alive is because my butler, Tanaka, since dragged me out alive of the burning flames and the rest of the servants, Meyrin, Snake, Bard, and Finny. They all now work for my aunt, who is a doctor and new owner of the Funtom company, until I can take charge of it once I am eighteen.

When my parents died, I stayed in my new room for weeks. I didn't eat much and became more frail than before. I rarely left, only if I had to use the restroom. One day, I was reading a article on the computer talking about a new trend starting in America. Americans were watching anime and reading manga, originating from Japan. It intrigued me, so I looked up an anime. The article said something about an anime, by the name of Kaze no Stigma. After watching the first few episodes, I immediately found myself engulfed. I finished the whole series in the time span of less than twenty four hours. My world after that was centered around anime.

Later on I found out that anime are based off the manga, which I found absorbing. I started to read them online and soon started to buy paper back versions of the ones I truly enjoyed.

I didn't stop there. I envied these characters so much, it may be because I view myself poorly. I started to buy the character's outfits and dressing up as them and as soon as I did, it made me delighted. I was happy being some one else, even if it was just for an hour. I was buoyant being these characters I so desperately wanted to be like. I desired a life of action, memories, and friendship. I wanted the lifestyle of my life at risk at any given moment. I wanted friends that made me keep memories of our good times, but I would never say this.

I wouldn't let the outside world in, they're was too much ugliness in the world for me to handle. Too many people who thought lowly of me, who called me names and taunted me, who put me down and made me feel small.

In this world, this world, I am small and lonely, but in the fictional worlds, I am great and mighty. I have the world in my hands; I can be a leader. I can be anything I wanted to be. I can be happy.

In all various genres of anime, the one genre that always seems to be my favorite is action. The intense feelings the characters feel, their strength, their powers, the way they always stood their ground. Deep down in my heart, I believe I can become like one of them. I will live a life like the fictional characters I adore. I will make something out of myself and become strong enough.

I do not need anyone yet, one day I will. A day will come when I have to find a companion and live. A day will come when I will have to come out of my shell and breathe the fresh air of other parts of this glorious world. I will live, live like the characters I admire.