Slime Rancher & Her Slimes

Mornings in Mondstadt were always a pleasure.

The sun was shining.

Birds were chirping.

And an Anemo slime rested on my face.

"One of those mornings..." I grumbled, taking the sleeping form of Windy off my face. "Guess it's time to wake up."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Hestia and I am a Slime Rancher.

What's a Slime Rancher, you ask? No clue since I made the whole thing up!

I live out here in the woods beyond the city in a quiet little glen where no one can disturb me. On the right side of my house is a nice field where me and my slimes harvest food for the week and have lots of fun. I don't know many humans, but I do spy on some throughout the months. I've heard of some that were knights too, working in the big city beyond my woods. I wonder what the people there are like? I heard that they like to eat slimes! Why would anyone eat a friend?

My mornings start when my Anemo slime, Windy, lands on my face. Due to the lightness of Anemo, she doesn't hurt much. Windy likes sleeping with me and I don't mind the cool air that she provides on hot summer nights. Plus, she helps me fly around the fields and blows my laundry dry. She was my first slime and my closest friend.

I usually get dressed and head to the bathroom where Dewey sleeps in the sink. No matter how many times I've told him, he likes the ever dripping faucet pouring down on him. Being a Hydro slime, he has to be constantly wet and tends to my crops when asked. I carefully move him to the water bucket by the sink and brush my teeth. Just as soon as I'm done, Dewey wakes up and follows me and Windy to the kitchen.

Freezy and Flamey approach me next, my Cyro and Pyro slimes respectively. Both of them took a liking to my dwelling one night and refused to leave. Not one to shoo away potential friends, I allowed them to stay as long as they helped too. Flamey keeps the house warm and makes fire for cooking. Freezy chills the house if it gets too hot and makes the fresh produce last longer. Right now, I placed a teapot on Flamey as the water heats up. Opening the window, I stretched and yawned loudly, smiling at my produce fields.

A jolt hits my leg as Shocky rolled into the kitchen, happily hopping and demanding that I pick him up. My most energetic Electro slime loves cuddles, but can almost kill me with them. I have to wear special gloves to prevent that, and giving him loving pats makes him happy. He keeps the electricity running in the house.

The teapot squealed as Flamey placed it on the table. Each of my slimes had a chair at the table, two of the chairs being empty due to my early risers out in the field. Leafy and Rocky woke up with the sun and started their jobs without me telling them. Both of them are Dendro and Geo slimes, so I have no problem with them working on my garden. They're also the more mature slimes with Shocky being my youngest. I could already hear Leafy sorting through the cabbages from the window.

I poured myself a cup of tea and passed one over to Dewey. I handed Flamey a piece of charcoal, a bowl of ice cubes for Freezy, and carefully handed electro crystals to Shocky. Windy could go outside and get her meal when we were done.

"So slimes, today is a big day! I saw that dragon flying over last night, but it didn't ruin our crops!" They all hopped up and down excitedly. "So that means we are having a feast to celebrate the new harvest! I'm going down with Windy to gather some Mist Flowers, Flaming Flowers, and other treats to celebrate."

Shocky started sparking, making Dewey back away in fear. Freezy rolled her eyes at this, making gestures at Flamey to calm him down. The Pyro slime did, throwing a fireball at the purple slime. Windy blew at all of them, calming them down with a gentle breeze.

"Thank you Windy, you always were the peacemaker." I said, picking up the basket I set by the door. "This trip shouldn't take long so behave yourselves while I'm gone. And Flamey, don't get mad and try to burn the house down if Shocky bothers you. Dewey, don't cry I'll be back soon. Freezy, make sure everyone doesn't kill themselves."

With that, I left the house with Windy and followed the winding path through the garden. Leafy gave me a wave with her petals as I walked by while Geo huffed, but rubbed against my leg before going back to what he was doing. I gave Windy a knowing smile before grasping onto her squishy body.

"Alright Windy, take me to Falcon Coast!" With a puff of air, we flew off into the sky as the world around us shrank. Laughing with glee, we coasted the winds to a new adventure.

Little did we know that our lives would soon be changing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Slimes react to their elemental vision friends!

Windy: Loves Venti because he is funny and flies too! Jean is nice and very calming to be around. Sucrose is strange, but allows her to work in her office. Aether smells nice, doesn't let Paimon eat her, and loves flying too!

Dewey: Barbara likes Dewey since he helps her with healing guild members and people. Dewey also loves hearing her sing. Mona tolerates Dewey, but he does listen to her predictions.

Flamey: Klee and Flamey become fast friends due to their love of explosions! Amber also hangs out with Flamey to grab a bite to eat and Flamey loves her Baron Bunny. Diluc was wary of the slime before begrudgingly allowing him to fight alongside him. Bennett brings Flamey with him on adventures, but the poor slime suffers a lot of blows.

Freezy: Kaeya was cautious around Freezy, but found her neat and she helps him train. Diona experiments her newest drinks on the slime, growing frustrated when people still enjoy them. Sister Rosaria nearly killed Freezy when they first met, but melted when she saw her helping around the cathedral.

Shocky: Poor Razor cannot get Shocky off him! Shocky likes Razor enough that he will cling onto the wolf boy and never let go. Lisa adores Shocky's curious nature, playing with him when he begs her. Fischl sees him as a loyal minion, even though the slime has no idea what she means.

Geo: Albedo is the first human that Geo likes outside Hestia. No doubt that is because he sees him as a friend. Geo hangs out in Albedo's lab and helps him with his work. Noelle also gets the same treatment when the rocky slime comes to the base.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Time: Slime Rancher & New Friends!