「 So close yet so far 」

"Y/N, please focus on the topic. We are not going to write some sort of essay full of monkey in it." Sakusa said as he hit my head with a book. "Ouch, Omi-chan...you don't need to hit me like that." I whined.

Sakusa sighed and flipped through the pages, "There, this is an example of of essays you should write. Not your little fantasy." He pointed towards the examples in the book. I look at my watch and took my lunchbox out.

Sakusa stare at me and frowned, "You're not taking this project seriously, aren't-" His words got cut off as I stuff a umeboshi into his mouth. "Lunch break is almost over, you haven't eaten yet so here." I said as I take a look at the examples.

Sakusa look at me and turned around, the colour pink visible on the ear. I thought he was sick so I place my hand on his forehead, but he slapped my hand away and now I could see that his whole face is red even under his mask. Then the thought of him getting sick hits me.

The bell rang, everyone settled down and get ready for the next class.

꧁༺༻꧂

"Y/N, get off me!" Sakusa yelled as I clinged onto him like a monkey, "No! Not until you say that sentence! It's just a praise!" As I whined, Sakusa try pushing my face away.

6 minutes ago~

Sakusa and I were practicing with some juniors. We had a friendly match, nothing much.

"Yeah, you did a great job today."Sakusa going over to Niki and giving her a thumbs up. I saw Sakusa praising her and ran over to his side, "Omi-chan! Omi-chan! What about me?" I said pointing to myself.

He gave me a quick glance and walk over to the bleachers, I followed him and jump onto him, clinging like a monkey. "Y/N, what do you think you're doing? Get off me!" He ordered me but I shook my head and waited for him to give me a praise. Sakusa then spray some sanitizer all over me and added, "I really hate you sometimes, you're just like that damn cousin of yours."

"Tooru? Haha, did I tell you that we once prank the whole family when we're young? We're like partners in crime." I said, still clinging onto Sakusa but he doesn't seems to mind that anymore.

Just then, Komori came in the gym and called Sakusa, "Coach is looking for you, we'll be going through over some serving drills."

Sakusa picked me up and spray some sanitizer all over me. "I don't know how am I friends with a germ like you." and dropped me on the floor, having me to land on my butt. "Ow, Omi-chan...You big meanie." I stood up and dusted my back.

Sakusa take a quick peek, he patted me on the head and leave the gym. Eui came over to me and rest her hand on my shoulder, "Y/N~ What are you and Sakusa doing just now?" and gave me a smirk. I rolled my eyes at her and was heading back to the rest of the team.

"Oi, Y/N don't ignore me! Sheesh." Eui shouted from behind and catch up to my pace. "Y/N, did you saw that flustered Sakusa just now? That's just hilarious!" She whispered into my ear poke my cheeks.

Flustered? Sakusa? No way, he is always so emotionless. I thought to myself as I stare at the first years practicing some blocking. I shook my head and replied, "Nah, Eui...you must be hallucinating, he never gets flustered." Eui squinted her eyes at me and sigh.

After practice, the team started to clean the gym. I picked up the balls and placed them into the store room and went out. Eui came up to me whining, "Y/N! Did you bring your umbrella? It's raining outside and I don't have one."

Damn, it's raining? I hate rain.

I went to look outside the window, and Eui was right, it's raining cats and dogs. I look at Eui and sigh, I took my umbrella out and gave her, "Take it, I'll just share with either Komori."

Eui thanked me and waved goodbye. I went out of the gym and saw Sakusa standing at a corner but no sight of Komori.

I walked up to Sakusa and poked his arm, "Omi-chan, where is Komori?" I look around but no sight of him, just students all gathering around to talk and leaving the school ground.

"He left early because he need to handle some things at home." Sakusa put up his umbrella and glance over to me, "What are you waiting for and where is your umbrella?"

I muttered out,"I had to lend my umbrella to Eui, since she doesn't have one to go home. And I was thinking of sharing an umbrella with Komori."

I was about to ask if he would share his umbrella with me until he started walking, he turn around to face me, "Don't just stand there, hurry or I'm leaving you." I walked up to him and stood by his side, we started walking under the umbrella side by side.

Why didn't I realize that he was so tall? He looks calm and collected once I see him up close. And his facial features is quite attractive...wait-

What am I saying? No, no...I need to keep calm and not let him see me so flustered for no reason.

As we walked along the pathway, the rain started to clear up. My eyes landed on a stray puppy nearby and it's leg was...hurt? I went over to it and picked it up, examined it's leg carefully and noticed some bruises and cuts. "Damn, those bruises must've hurt. I'll bring you back home and apply some bandages."

Sakusa walked over to my side and saw the puppy, "What do you think you're doing with a germ?" "Hey, he's not a germ!" I pouted and hug the puppy.

Suddenly, something hit me at the back of my head. I look down and noticed it was a sanitizer, "Ugh, Sakusa, stop being so dramatic!" I picked up the sanitizer and place it in my pockets.

We reached back home after some time and I invited Sakusa to come in. I head into the bathroom and gave the puppy a warm bath, he wasn't cooperative at first but I manage to at least gave him a proper bath.

A short while later, I came out with the puppy in my arms and took out some bandages and ointment.

Sakusa's POV:

As expected of her, she gently rubbed some ointment on that germ and bandage it. She turn over and face me, "Sakusa, look! He looks like a brand new puppy."

I tilted my head at her, "You didn't want to call me by my nickname anymore?" those words naturally came out of my mouth as I was spacing out, looking at her.

I noticed what I had said and cover my face with my hands, "S-Sorry, just i-ignore me." I stuttered, damn I feel so stupid now.

As I look up, Y/N had already taken a seat next to me. She patted my back and handed me the sanitizer I threw at her head a moment ago, "Here you go, Omi-chan. Happy?" she said while smirking.

I shot her a glare and snatched the sanitizer from her hand. She just let out a giggle and the next thing I knew, her head was resting on my shoulder and our hands were intertwine together.

I could feel my face heating up but I don't really want to ruined the moment I had with her right now, so I just stayed silent and gently stroke her hair.

After a short moment, I look at the time and was getting up to head home. But Y/N wouldn't budge, seems like she was sleeping peacefully already.

I placed her on the bed and gently place her hair behind her ear. I lean in close and realize her beautiful features.

Her face was beautiful and calm when she was asleep, almost like she isn't the loud and annoying Y/N I know.

Without realizing, my face was leaning in close to her and our lips were almost touching...at that moment...

(I'm not really good at writing stories so Imma just leave it like this, see y'all in chapter 5 ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ)
٩(๑'3`๑)۶