Frisson

Frisson
Atlas and Hera

❝ We only have one week before the district competition starts. So you need to accomplish a sports article about Atlas Famorcan beforehand. Do you think you can do it? ❞
Ma-awtoridad na kuwestiyon ni Mr. Reves na siyang nangangasiwa sa student publication ng eskuwelahan namin.

❝ Atlas Famorcan sir? ❞
Napapantastikuhang atungal ko.

He is the most prominent black belter taekwondo player in the academy even beyond the domain. Students outside the campus are losing their sanity whenever Atlas is on the platform.

He is well-known not just because of his perfectly crafted appearance but because of his insane mastery of Taekwondo. However, he never accepts any interview. He’s always declining even the school ask him to.

And to make it even more complicated...Atlas Famorcan is my ex. You read that? He was my boyfriend.

❝ You heard me right, Miss Octavia. He will be the front page of our newspaper this month. Make sure to jot down even the smallest and tiniest details about him. Form your interview questions thoroughly. I despise rubbish articles.❞
Tuloy-tuloy na litanya nito bago malalaking hakbang na naglakad patungo sa susunod na klase niya.

Sapo ang mukha, nagmistulan akong tinakasan ng kaluluwa sa katawan habang tinutunton ang daan pabalik sa sarili kong classroom.

We broke up last year. I am not sure if that was a mutual decision but I was the one who initiated it. Atlas was having a hard time balancing the path he took, his studies, his family and our relationship. It was difficult for him that’s why I decided for the both of us. I want him to achieve what his goals are— his dreams and his priorities.

I was always in his back whenever he executes every move. Maybe not in the place where he notice, not in a place where our eyes could meet but I was always there.

Always.

Seeing him skyrocketing to summit made me realized how worth it that separation is.

I don’t regret anything.

But I would lie if i’ll impose that his existence does not affects me anymore.

---

❝ He won’t shove me away, right? ❞
Kabadong usal ko upang kahit papaano ay mapakalma ang sarili.

Hindi ko nga halos namalayan na nakatayo na pala ako sa harap ng building kung saan namamalagi ang mga taekwondo athletes ng school.

Mula sa labas ay naririnig ko na malakas na pagtama ng mga sipa ng ilang nage-ensayo sa loob.

❝ Hera? Long time no see. You and Atlas, don’t tell me you’re seeing each other again? ❞
Gulat ngunit nakapaskil sa mukha ni Seki ang malawak na ngisi.

❝ No. I came here to request an interview. Hindi kami nagda-date. ❞
Kita ko ang pag-awang ng bibig nito kasabay ng pagtawa nito na may bahid nang panghihinayang.

❝ Sorry. I was insensitive for that moment. Anyway, Atlas is practicing inside. Sorry ulit. ❞
Mariin akong bumuntong hininga at tumango.

❝ Thank you, Seki. It was nice talking to you after a very long time. ❞
Isang ngiti ang ginawa ko bago nagpasyang tuntunin na ang pinto papasok sa loob ng building.

Seki is one of Atlas’ closest friend and after we broke up I lost connection with him as well.

Naramdaman ko ang panginginig ng mga kamay ko nang isa-isang huminto sa page-ensayo ang bawat tao sa loob na para bang nahihiwagaan sa nakikita. I know everyone here is aware about the past that Atlas and I had shared.