Paper Rings (Oliver Wood)

Start from the beginning

You returned his smile, leaning against your desk, "Well, that's why you're here, innit?"

"That's true," he smiled. He flew closer to your window, extending his hand, "Oliver Wood."

You looked down at his shirt, not missing the emblem of Puddlemere United sewn proudly on his chest. You grasped his hand in yours, "Y/N Y/L/N."

"Say, did you go to Hogwarts?" he asked, titling his head to the side as if trying to figure out if he'd seen you before.

"I did. Bit offended that you don't remember me, Mr. Star Gryffindor Keeper," you teased.

"Sorry, I was a bit oblivious to anything not Quidditch related back in school," he said, sheepishly. Then his eyebrows shot up in realization, "You're Cassius Warrington's girlfriend, aren't you?"

"I was, yes."

"Was?" Oliver asked, emphasizing your usage of the past tense.

"Was," you confirmed.

Before he could speak again, he was interrupted by the sound of students arguing on the Quidditch Pitch. He let out a defeated sigh and brought the whistle that was dangling from his neck, up to his lips. A shrieking sound caught the students' attention and they immediately fell in line.

He turned his attention to you, "I would love to hear the story behind that but unfortunately, I have students to take care of. Will you be down for dinner?"

You nodded in response, making him raise a thumb up and watched him fly back down to the group of clamoring students. As you began to unpack your belongings, you couldn't help but keep looking over your shoulder to watch Oliver coach the students of various houses. You laughed as he got into a playful argument with one of the Slytherin students who insisted that Puddlemere United was a terrible team. You could tell that Oliver didn't really take much offense to it, knowing that at the end of the day he was just glad to be playing for such an elite team.

It didn't take long for the sun to set, an indication that dinner was now being served. You happily made your way down the familiar hallways leading up to the Great Hall. You greeted the various house elves that remembered you from your Hogwarts years and stopped to talk to some young students who were still too scared to talk to the professors on their own.

"I'm going to be one of your professors next year, you know," you said, walking beside an upcoming second year. "What house are you in?"

"Gryffindor," he replied, his voice a bit shaky, "Though, I don't think the sorting hat made the right decision. I'm too scared to talk to professors on my own, how cowardly is that! I'm not a true Gryffindor."

"Hey, the sorting hat makes no mistakes," you reassured him, nudging him a bit, "You were sorted into Gryffindor for a reason, okay? Don't doubt yourself."

"I suppose," he sighed, still defeated, "I just wish I was more like Oliver Wood. He's a true Gryffindor. Plus, he's such an amazing Quidditch player! I want to be just like him!"

You laughed, opening the door to the Great Hall and allowing him to go inside, "I guess he's alright."

"Alright?!" the boy shrieked, eyes bulging out of their sockets, "I'm sorry Professor Y/L/N but Oliver Wood is more than alright."

"Whatever you say," you shrugged, walking over to Professor McGonagall to accompany the boy. Once you knew the boy would be alright in his conversation with the professor, you made your way over to the table with the rest of the faculty.

You sat on the corner of the table, waiting patiently for a certain Quidditch star to make his way over to you. He was too preoccupied talking to another Professor, most likely about Puddlemere United as she kept motioning to his shirt. Oliver met your eyes and he sent a friendly wave, signaling that he'll be there in just a second. You waved him off, starting to fill your plate with some food.