Chapter 42 - Cheap Pizza

Start from the beginning

"Eugh please don't call it that, it sounds like some cringey Power Rangers move," she complained while her face contorted in disgust.

"You know, just cause you pointed it out, that's what I'm going to refer to it as from now on," Barry hummed teasingly and Elias whined in annoyance. Of course, Barry only laughed at her embarrassed reaction and disregarded the halfhearted punches she swung at his arm.

"What're you guys talking about?" Wally's voice suddenly chimed in and Elias whipped her body around in alarm at the suddenness of his intrusion.

"Nothing."

"Elias's hyper speed."

She quickly sent a glare Barry's way once he answered Wally's question.

"Hyper speed? What?" Wally questioned obliviously, having been left out of the entire conversation due to his intense (frustrated) training.

"Don't worry about it, I was just asking Barry for some training tips," Elias explained, eagerly trying to move past the topic. Wally didn't seem to be satisfied with her response, and a disappointed frown quickly fell upon his face.

"Man, you guys always leave me out of things!" he complained with his arms crossed over his chest in a rather childlike attitude.

"Don't be a baby, West. We'll talk about it later," Elias spoke simply, nudging his side with her elbow lightly. "Let's get back to training."

"Oh come on! I've been training the whole time while you two have been talking for the last 30 minutes!" Wally continued complaining, "can I get a break?"

Barry considered it for a moment, looking between the exasperated boy and the irritated girl, before making a decision. "Yeah sure, Wally and I will go get some food for all of us. You make up for the 30 minutes of training you missed." Immediately, Wally's eyes lit up like a light and Elias's shoulders slumped heavily.

"Sweet!" Wally cheered, eager to get some food. "Don't worry babe, I'll bring you back something good," he promised as he planted a quick kiss on her disappointed face. She didn't bother to complain, knowing it was reasonable since she'd only done about half of her training.

"Have fun, Elias. Don't slack off too much!" Barry called out with an almost taunting tone as he and Wally turned towards the kitchen.

"You guys suck!" she shouted back, hearing their laughter echo through the corridor as they left her to continue her training. "Whatever, least I don't need to hear anymore of Barry's constant criticism." She returned her focus back to her hologram, placing her forehead against the smooth surface with a heaving sigh. After pulling away from the pillar, she readied her stance and shook her arms loose in preparation.

She moved her right hand back and forth, gradually increasing the speed until her fingers were a blur before her. Her biceps and forearms were fully flexed, each muscle quickly engaging as she struggled to maintain the pace of her phasing hand. When she felt ready, she allowed herself to pass her hand through the pillar. Her fingers slipped through the solid object like water and she pulled her hand back towards herself.

"Easy enough," she mumbled as she relaxed her muscles. She followed through the same process on both sides with her forearm, then upper arm, until she could successful phase the entirety of both her arms through the pillar with ease. By then, she was drenched in sweat, and her muscles burned from the constant excursion. It got the point she couldn't physically bring herself to vibrate arms, it was fully spent from training.

"What's the time?" she called out, the digital numbers appeared onto the pillar before her and she groaned. She still had another fifteen minutes until the boys would return, and she knew Barry would just send her back if she tried to join them. "Alright legs, your turn."