CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

"IS THIS REALLY THE END OF US?"

JUNE 4, 2017 — 9:40 AM

"Congrats, seniors. You've made it past the hardest part of your life, working harder than ever before. I favor every one of you, even for the chaos you've created," The principal chuckled, shaking his head at us. I sat with a leg over the other, excitement yet sadness filling my soul. It was the day I'd be growing up, unaware of what may come next. "I remember seeing you guys when you were just fourteen to fifteen. You guys were so small and young—and now look at you, I feel like a really, really proud parent."

Reminded me of my father. How he said he was proud of me, even if it was forced through the cracks and gaps of his teeth. He meant it, at least.

"Your graduation is over, you're free to take pictures and stick around, but don't forget you're always welcome to come back and visit," My principal caused us all to stand up, smiles on all of our faces as our principal's face was full of tears. "CLASS OF 2017, CONGRATS! YOU DID IT!"

"WOO!" Everyone cheered, and as if this was college, everyone tossed their hats up, ready for the next step in their lives. I laughed as the hats came down like falling rain, everyone in the field stands clapping for us. I picked up my hat as it fell in front of someone's feet, raising my eyebrows at an unfamiliar pair of dress shoes.

Finally looking up as I fixed my graduation gown, I chuckled. There, Yeonjun stood, looking mighty fine. I knew he'd be coming, considering that he was here for Beomgyu. I didn't say anything to him, maybe because I didn't know what to say. However, as he fixed my graduation cap back on my head, he knew everything.

"Congrats on graduating, my favorite girl," He whispered, making me laugh as he embraced me. "Aghhh~ I can't believe you're graduating! The year must've passed by so fast, right?"

"It did, I can't believe that I'll be going to college."

"With top marks, too!" He laughed, both of us grinning at each other. I felt a slight pull, a feminine laugh leaving someone's mouth. "Uh oh, here come's the trouble maker, Yena."