CHAPTER THREE

"IT WAS FUNNY TO THINK THERE WAS A POSSIBILITY

"IT WAS FUNNY TO THINK THERE WAS A POSSIBILITY."

DECEMBER 1, 2013 — 4:25 AM

These past days, I've been hanging out with Beomgyu. The more he brought me along, the more I don't dare refuse. He's brought me plenty of places, lighting up the sky with a smile so indescribable that it almost brings me to shine on him.

What a time this youth would be, spending it with him. Yeah, I agree. No matter what, whether I started with Hanna's stupidity who desperately pleads for me to stay around—or if I started with sneaking out with Beomgyu at times like this just to see the sea—I'd still be making mistakes of getting attached to bad people I shouldn't.

However, Beomgyu wasn't bad. He had shown me new things, took me out to see the horizon—and even the sunrise. Even when it was dead-cold outside, he'd hand me his beanie, putting it over my head. He'd hug me as if we weren't just friends—and led me on to believe that he may like me with those red cheeks of his.

Maybe it was the December weather—but maybe part of it was because he genuinely liked me back.

So, I giggle into the snow, my face feeling the cold flakes of December as I inaudibly mutter a few words into the snow. Beomgyu's hand touched mine—his cold fingers wrapping feverishly around mine as he pulled me. I spun around, facing the morning air. There, his cute smile flourished, the boy giggling as I giggled as well.

His stare keeps itself on me, even as he fixed the hat on my head, retracting as his red cheeks start hiding within the clothed palms of his hands. "You look so cute, Yihwa," He whispered, complimenting me within the chills of his teeth. "Even though it's four in the morning—on a Sunday morning like this—I'd spend it with you any day."

"How sweet," I chuckled, rolling again. He joined in next to me, lying in the snow. Facing each other, my lips pressed together in a thin line, trying to ignore the heat that starts to rise to my face. Even he knew it—but as I continued to admire him, to get a closer look at him... was it really worth talking about it?

He scooted closer, his freezing fingertips brushing back the wisps of hairs behind my ear. He showed no emotion except a focused stare, his eyes unsure where to look as he gulps. "Yihwa, aren't you cold?"